Super Mario Kart promoted alcohol in its original release

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
Heyo everybody! Samster here, with something concerning. No, seriously, this is really freaking bizzare. Somebody do something. D:

I honestly had no idea about this before now, but Super Mario Kart promoted alcohol in its original release. :eek: Apparently, whenever a character won a race, they’d pull out a bottle of champagne, and just go nuts. They’d literally just chug the whole thing. .-.

B76B2BDC-2055-4D47-9E17-DD69B28DF5F2.jpeg

However, it never made it to full release, due to it being slandered and promoting the use of drugs. So, that’s why you don’t see it in today’s version of the game. Did any of you know about this? :eyes:

Firstly, it is in the final release, but Japan only. Second, I've known this for about 3 years.

Heyo everybody! Samster here, with something concerning. No, seriously, this is really freaking bizzare. Somebody do something. D:

I honestly had no idea about this before now, but Super Mario Kart promoted alcohol in its original release. :eek: Apparently, whenever a character won a race, they’d pull out a bottle of champagne, and just go nuts. They’d literally just chug the whole thing. .-.

View attachment 18944

However, it never made it to full release, due to it being slandered and promoting the use of drugs. So, that’s why you don’t see it in today’s version of the game. Did any of you know about this? :eyes:
That Bowser looks happy to be chugging down that. Every character pulls out a bottle of that and just gulps it down? I never thought I'd think of Mario doing that. The only one I can actually imagine doing it is Bowser and Wario lol. I didn't know about this before but now I do. Of course its just Japan. Japan does some pretty weird things. :p

They had drunk Wario in WL2 so yeah why not insert said booze as an advertisement just like when watching Nascar. Also this is after the race and not before and no one's really getting hurt because of it. Although I suppose you could get drunk with friends and then play the game and wait to sober up.

Back