Super Mario Maker 1 is the die

• Thread starter Sunny_Meows
  • Start date
Sunny_Meows

Sunny_Meows

I like to what I want to do
Towns Folk
By March 31st, you will no longer upload courses in Super Mario Maker for the Wii U. Super Mario Maker 2 will be unaffected though.

My thoughts? I'll be honest and say that I have no attachment to this video game whatsoever. Plus, Mario Maker 2 is still a thing soooo.

If you still have courses you want to upload in Mario Maker 1, do it soon. It might also be a good idea to remake the course you've been working on to Mario Maker 2.

I wonder what else will disappear by March 31st :panda:

I wonder what else will disappear by March 31st
Hopefully covid19 but that's wishful thinking.

They had to do this at some point. I just saw the news and mistook it for the Nintendo Switch version, which gave me a little shock, but then reading further revealed it was for the Wii U.

• Funny
Reactions: phofufury and Sunny_Meows
Wait wut I wanted the one for 3ds

Wait wut I wanted the one for 3ds
Iheard the 3DS one is basically the Wii U one with more pre made levels, lower graphics, and no upload feature.

Also the online courses made by other players you can download are selected by Nintendo from the Wii U version. So the only difference I guess is whether you want courses by Nintendo or courses from other people.

But I guess Mario Maker 2 is the definitive experience because the community is still, well, alive.

Iheard the 3DS one is basically the Wii U one with more pre made levels, lower graphics, and no upload feature.

Also the online courses made by other players you can download are selected by Nintendo from the Wii U version. So the only difference I guess is whether you want courses by Nintendo or courses from other people.

But I guess Mario Maker 2 is the definitive experience because the community is still, well, alive.
i have Mario Maker 1 for the 3ds, got it as a gift. its fun yes, but it also sux. you cant upload, and that was the main reason i wanted it, to share and be with the community. mega oof

Reactions: Jisenku
I didn't know that mario maker 1 uploading levels would be discontinued. Thats crazy. Hopefully we can still play levels from other players but dang that sucks to hear. I know the wii u is near its 10 years of have online functionality but I'm scared of it going away. especially for splatoon 1 ;-;

Back