• Thread starter niklas7770
  • Start date

A game to continue on the Wii U

• Total voters
N

niklas7770

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
Should a title like super mario sunshine be continued on the wii U ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Super Mario Galaxy will be continued on the Wii U. I'm pretty sure the Galaxy Games will be a Wii exclusive for the time being. However, Super Mario Sunshine might be remade for the Wii U at some point in time.

@OopaMazo I agree. Super Mario Sunshine may get the same treatment as Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. It's bound to happen at some point.

Reactions: 3823
Mario Sunshine was just one of Nintendo's variations of a 3D Mario game. Unless it's a remake, it's probably not going to be something that will be continued on the Wii U (especially since last time and only time we had one it was for the Gamecube). If they go the route they did with Mario 64, we might actually end up seeing the remake appear on 3DS (perhaps the NEW one lol)

At this point, it doesn't seem to likely... though I'd be all for it if it was announced. In fact, I hope they do. That's one title I've been secretly hoping will be remade for years. Super Mario Sunshine was my first game for the GameCube, and definitely one of my favourites. It highlighted the capabilities of the GameCube as a system, Mario as a franchise, and Nintendo as a company. Playing that game for me as a child was magical, and I'd give anything to experience that magic again on the WiiU.

The only problem I could see with putting it on the Wii U would be the trigger. It doesn't have the full in/part in sensing (whatever it's actually called) so walking snd shooting will be much different than standing and shooting. They could easily make the one trigger do one and and the other do the other though. There is one more trigger than the Gamecube had.

The only problem I could see with putting it on the Wii U would be the trigger. It doesn't have the full in/part in sensing (whatever it's actually called) so walking snd shooting will be much different than standing and shooting. They could easily make the one trigger do one and and the other do the other though. There is one more trigger than the Gamecube had.
I could see it working if you pressed R for the "light press" in the game (when Mario can still walk) and ZR for the "Full press" (where Mario will stop moving) I don't remember if the L button does anything but they could do the same thing.

Also I'd love if they gave the option to use the GameCube controller in the game.

Reactions: Lexi.D
I think it's inevitable at this point. Seeing as Super Mario 64 got a re-release, it only makes sense that Sunshine would be next in line.

I'd freaking love an HD Sunshine.

I don't know excactly what I prefer, whether a remake of mario sunshine or a sequel. I think the latter would be awesome, just imagine mario being able to travel to different islands around and exploring different bays. Maybe they could include Yoshi on the go.

I think there's a better chance of it coming to the eShop on the Wii U then an actual graphics overload remake or a sequel. While the game was loved by many, it was a Mario game, and when most people hear that, they think of a casual platformer. Mario Sunshine was none of the above. Arguably, I think it was one of the most difficult Mario games to date and while I have thought it deserves a sequel for years, I honestly just don't see that happening anytime soon. But it would be really lovely to see. I'm still hoping for an eShop release though.

While a HD remake of 64 or Sunshine would be desirable, I'm still more interested as to what the next true 3D Mario game will be. Like Zelda U, I want it to be the game that pushes the Wii U to it's full potential. That being said, a remake of sorts would be quite fitting given that it's the 30th anniversary of Super Mario Bros next year but maybe they're waiting for 2017, the 20th anniversary of Super Mario 64.

3D World was pretty awesome. But it was a lot different than SM64. Even though I agree that it was a true 3D game, the camera wasn't free roaming like Mario 64. Plus, the time limits absolutely ruin the chance for free exploration, which is what Mario 64 was all about. The lack of time limits and ability to explore is why I'm really excited about Captain Toad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3823
I'd love to have a remake of Sunshine. I hope they stop after that though. This is because I'm getting tired of Nintendo remaking every game in HD. I know the games are nostalgic and all, but it's the year for new ideas. :love: I would want to replay Sunshine because it was one of the best games in my childhood and I still remember not knowing how to get the star on top of the arch thing. (I might be wrong xP) Good memories. An HD remake would be great, although I don't know how the controls would work.

Reactions: Mikaya and Warbird
I would love it if it came to Wii U. It may not have been my favorite Mario game (that'd be 64) but I loved the "open" world and physics and platforming. Thought it was a wonderful game.

Now, will it come? I don't think so. Best I expect would be a GC VC release.

What I would reeeally love to see is "sunshine" Mario join the Splatoon gang in a 4-vs-4-vs-1 match. Mario has to clean up their mess!

I don't think Super Mario Galaxy will be continued on the Wii U. I'm pretty sure the Galaxy Games will be a Wii exclusive for the time being. However, Super Mario Sunshine might be remade for the Wii U at some point in time.
Nintendo has released 3 Wii games for download on the Nintendo eShop channel. 1: Punch-Out!!, 2: Super Mario Galaxy 2, 3: Metroid Prime Trilogy. The two first Metroid games in MPT were first released on the Nintendo Gamecube. The 3rd was released for the Nintendo Wii.

Nintendo has released 3 Wii games for download on the Nintendo eShop channel. 1: Punch-Out!!, 2: Super Mario Galaxy 2, 3: Metroid Prime Trilogy. The two first Metroid games in MPT were first released on the Nintendo Gamecube. The 3rd was released for the Nintendo Wii.

When I said continued, I meant another sequel for the game. I know those games were released on the Wii U eShop, but they're not remade in any way. They're just ports.

Back