Spin Off Super Mystery Dungeon: Why kecleon& arceus are a waste and not worth it (my thoughts)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
theres a handful of good legendaries and pokemon in this game, but by far the worst ones in the game are without a doubt Arceus and kecleon... heres why i say this...

its not their combat potential thats my reason, in fact their move spreads can handle anything, but theres one major catch: these two require you to 100% the aftergame to be able to friend at all. this is horrible. and for arceus theres one final stretch of tedium and thats doing destiny tower which is far from insurmountable, but making me do all of these normally trivial 500+ side missions to even try beating destiny tower is just unfortunately asking too much. the amount of time this would require me to pull off is absolutely ridiculous even with a near perfect starter and white kyurem; long enough that i might be able to max out my white kyurem and this would easily render the opposing grind for arceus almost pointless unless youre someone who plays for total completion instead of someone like me who does more modest grinds for stats and move boosting.

hopefully this game does get a remake (it should, the post game was fun unless you decided to murder your stamina going for arceus and kecleon who require you to friend everything else possible including sub forms of rotom and such... ugh) and instead the requirements will just be to be grand master rank and have all the other legends instead for arceus, because they made it more roundabout to get him than they honestly should have...

id seriously just get all of kyurems forms and then dialga, palkia and ho-oh or giratina if you want strong mons instead... theyre significantly less tasking and still plenty adequate for pretty much anything. then just grind gold and vitamins and you can sweep through anything easily (white kyurem is better than black kyurem in most areas of this game but make sure both forms are evened out if you can).

Kyurems forms i prefer over the others i listed but all of them are very good. to change his form just go into the main area of your save and empty your bag and money, go into any dungeon and then choose give up. after this all you do is check his icon on your presets and repeat until he changes to the desired form. very easy and fast way to get the right legend forms with no hassle. then use peliper island to train them as much as you like or have fun =)

white kyurem is my primary pokemon in this game and thats why i know how good she is. has plenty of AOEs whenever theres a monster house or too many pokemon in the same room, has great stats and pretty much no limit on how much ground she can cover which is easily indispensible in this game. plus, i also always found white kyurem pretty to look at =)

but yeah, arceus and kecleon unfortunately arent worth the trouble, they require a lot more work to get than they should have... fortunately white kyurem is my favorite pokemon,but i feel bad for arceus lovers who played super...

Reactions: Mizunil
Back