SSB Super Smash Bros Character Review: Robin

• Thread starter Ago
  • Start date
Ago

Ago

Cool Kid
Towns Folk
Robin's Attacks:
B-Thunder Shot: An attack in which gains power whole being charged, Robin shoots bolts of Thunder at the foe.
Circle Pad to the side+B-Arcfire: A ball of fire that bursts into an open flame when it hits.
Circle Pad Up+B-Wind: Fire Wind that bursts you up in the air.
Circle Pad Down+B-Curse: Grab enemies with a dark curse and heal yourself with their energy.
Super Smash:
Fight with Chrom at your side unleashing blows together.

Damage
Thunder: 3 (No charge)-10 (fully charged)
Arc fire: 8-10% (Most Likely 10.)
Wind: 12% max if the wind hits the foe
Dark Curse:Recharges about 15% and 15% damage.
Super Smash:All together does about 45-50 damage

Overall Review:
Eh. He's ok, not the best, not the worst. First off, he isn't fast. But he isn't slow, well say normal speed. I think his most powerful attack (other than super smash) does like 15 damage. So he isn't really great, but is attacks do look pretty cool. I know I know who cares if his attacks are cool, his attack speed is kinda fast so I guess if you like combos you could figure something out. Overall Rating:7/10

Robin is more of a tactical player. By that I mean you can't use run up to your opponents and start doing attacks and combos, you have to slow things down a bit, lay out your traps and charging thunder and what not. Plus learning how to use Levin Sword really helps whenever you start running out of tomes. I have a friend who plays a beast Robin and he knows that if the enemy starts to run up to him to shoot Arcfire, otherwise he'll charge Thunder. I like robin but I never really learned how to use him myself...

When I play as Robin, my strategy is to charge the Thunder as much as possible while avoiding the opponent. Then when it is fully charged, not attacking straightaway, but waiting until the opponent can be surprised, then attacking at close range. Down special is very helpful in some situations too.

Robin is more of a tactical player. By that I mean you can't use run up to your opponents and start doing attacks and combos, you have to slow things down a bit, lay out your traps and charging thunder and what not. Plus learning how to use Levin Sword really helps whenever you start running out of tomes. I have a friend who plays a beast Robin and he knows that if the enemy starts to run up to him to shoot Arcfire, otherwise he'll charge Thunder. I like robin but I never really learned how to use him myself...
Thanks for the advice!

Some of these values sound incorrect, but off the top of my head I know Thoron (fully charged Thunder) deals 12% if you hold down the special button, actually, and Nosferatu (Dark Curse) doesn't always return 15%, it depends on the opponent's percentage. Robin is also the slowest running character in the game, tied with Jigglypuff iirc, he's extremely slow on the ground.

idk why you're not talking about non-special moves, though.

Some of these values sound incorrect, but off the top of my head I know Thoron (fully charged Thunder) deals 12% if you hold down the special button, actually, and Nosferatu (Dark Curse) doesn't always return 15%, it depends on the opponent's percentage. Robin is also the slowest running character in the game, tied with Jigglypuff iirc, he's extremely slow on the ground.

idk why you're not talking about non-special moves, though.
I don't know these are the average values I got in training and smashes

I don't know these are the average values I got in training and smashes
Smash Wiki has the values for every character in full, and averages don't really mean much because of sweetspots and whatnot.

Robin is more of a far range character with his specials and his special follow up combos that are great! Like his special to forward smash or up smash or grabs to other grab follow ups that are guaranteed to work and many others! But robin is like a more of a noob character to me for some reason

The problem with Robin is he's one of the slowest characters in the game and a defensive player is harder to hit as all the good magic attacks come out slow and in general his range is decent. I think the damage output of this character is pretty good though so you really have to learn close range and long range combat, more so close range. You cane combo side special into fair and the multi hit thoron is really useful as well.

Back