Super smash bros. or Pokemon Alpha sapphire ?

• Thread starter Yoyotown
  • Start date

Smash bros. or Pokemon alpha sapphire

• Total voters
Y

Yoyotown

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
Hi people :) I just wanted help on which 3ds game should I get as I have pokemon y and I've played emerald but i have never played a smash bros. I can get only one game and I'm very confused.thank you.

Dayum, this is a very hard decision! I would go for Smash Bros 3DS as it only comes like once a generation. Also, you have Pokemon Y and you've played Pokemon Emerald which will be similar story-line wise, since it's a remake of R/S. So I would personally go for SSB4, but you can go for whatever you like. If you go for SSB4, the things you miss would be: Hoenn in 3D, Secret bases, new megas, contests, but if you go for Alpha Sapphire, you'd miss a whole generation of Smash Bros.

Reactions: Yoyotown
Well, I'll go with Super Smash Bros., because I'm starting to get bored of Pokémon. However, I never get bored of playing a Smash Bros. game, and, since the 3DS version will also have online features, I feel like that I'll have way more fun on Smash Bros. 3DS than with another game (one exception though: Digimon ReDigitize Decode, if it gets localized, because this one actually offer a longer gameplay than most of the games I have played so far without getting boring. Because of the Coliseum).

That doesn't mean that I won't buy Pokémon OR/AS though, it just means I'm starting to get bored of the gameplay they offer (I forbid you to quote me and add the #2old4this hashtag). That's all. For the moment, I'll just look into more dynamic games like Smash Bros. and MH4U, or Persona Q.

So, after all, it's up to you. If you want a dynamic game (real-time action), go with SSB4, otherwise, if you want Pokémons, go with... Alpha Sapphire.

Since you have Y it's safe to say you should get Smash Bros. for 3DS. If you've ever played a Kirby game they sort of play like that only with more characters and their different feels. I am sort of getting tired of the Pokemon gameplay however it's great when you have an intense match, but compared to smash battles are quick and therefore more fun because you can have many battles in SSB4 vs. Pokemon if you were to play them head to head. And the last plus is the game saves itself.

Reactions: Yoyotown, Icemario and D4rkDragon
Since you have Y it's safe to say you should get Smash Bros. for 3DS.[...]
You deserved a like for that video. Many memories...

I'm not a Pokemon fan......whatsoever, so this is an easy one for me! I don't get why Pokemon is so fun. I've played it before, but I just don't see what's so cool about it. For all the Poke fanatics out there, take pity in me lol. :sorry:

I think Pokemon OR/AS are coming out a bit too quickly since Pokemon X and Y just came out last October. They are also just remakes of old games, so they aren't of highest priorities to me. Meanwhile, Smash is just something different. It's the first time the Smash Bros. series has ever come on a handheld and it looks like it will be one of the system's best games yet. It's really something in a league of its own and beats pretty much every other major 3DS release this fall/winter.

Last edited:
Reactions: 423, Lamont, Yoyotown and 1 other person
Thank you all I guess I'll wait for the games to release and then get one
:)

Alpha sapphire.

If you really liked the original RSE games, get Alpha Sapphire. If you want something more new, get SSB4 3DS

I personally do not like or even play the Pokemon series (plz no hate :() so I would say SSB4. I love the Smash series so much (Not as much as the Mario Kart series) and I am so hyped up and excited for Super Smash Bros. 3D, even more than the Wii U version (Mostly because I can't wait to play Smash Bros. where ever I go!)

I would go with SSB all the way!

I personally do not like or even play the Pokemon series (plz no hate :() so I would say SSB4. I love the Smash series so much (Not as much as the Mario Kart series) and I am so hyped up and excited for Super Smash Bros. 3D, even more than the Wii U version (Mostly because I can't wait to play Smash Bros. where ever I go!)
Don't like pokemon? Change your profile pic!!! JK but why is your profile picture a pokemon though?

Don't like pokemon? Change your profile pic!!! JK but why is your profile picture a pokemon though?
Cuz Magikarp is the strongest (Obviously ^.^)

Splash on Magikarp okos arceus,it's obvious he's the strongest pogeymans.

Smash Bros. Hands down. You have Y and all Pokemon games are basically the same till postgame...

Since you've played pokemon and not a SSB game at all, I would go for SSB4, but if you enjoyed Emerald and would like a similar remake, then go for Alpha. Both games are good in their own ways. Choose wisely. :p

I picked the Pokemon game but I will be getting them both. I love Pokemon Games but my fiancé just got me onto SSB. I'll be broke but at least I can be broke and entertained lol

Back