Ultimate Surviving hit from homerun bat... impossible?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so this is more of a curiosity topic tbh, but i did a few timed battles solo with items set to only homerun bat and maxim tomato and i had bowser, king dedede, and donkey kong (along with king k rool, forgot him) set to the CPU and it seems to one shot all three of them anytime theyre hit by it... the reason for testing against these three is (as far as i know) the heavier characters are generally harder to launch. note the launch ratio was left at default and i did not change this (didnt lower it either), so no launch rate adjustments were made when i did this. this whole thing was honestly just for fun and to relax, so for the competitive players please calm down and keep this in mind =P

so to the question now, is it possible for any character to survivw this? i havent tried to counter this because i didnt want to be stupid and risk bad timing (failure, assuming its possible to counter it. im not an expert so please slow down for those who say 'oh its easy'... not everyone is a pro at smash). if i remember correctly king k rool's counter wont work here, he did it while AI controlled and he got stunned as if a shield has broken instantly, then of course one shotted him lol... so surviving a direct hit from the bat, is it possible? and do counterattacks work against this? i know it can be easily avoided most times if you attack the other character quickly enough and pay attention but im suggesting otherwise here

You can tech it on stages with walls and ceilings, but other than that, there's no other way to survive the homerun bat

You can tech it on stages with walls and ceilings, but other than that, there's no other way to survive the homerun bat
dang, thought so... so countering with characters like corrin and such doesnt work then? as i wrote above i didnt try this because i didnt wanna be an idiot and fail to get one shotted (i usually just spam attacks when other character gets it, this seems like the only honest way out of it)

Wait, I forgot to mention that counters CAN counter the homerun bat, but only deal small damage, and Super armor also prevents getting insta kill

Reactions: Kadaj
Wait, I forgot to mention that counters CAN counter the homerun bat, but only deal small damage, and Super armor also prevents getting insta kill
Nope, super armor doesnt work. just tested that... stupid yes but what can we do... looks like spamming attacks really is the best way to stop bat spammers and even that is risky (especially if you shoot stuff) but gotta do something =P

I tried it with Ganindorf neutral B and Super armor works if you time it right.

Back