Surviving Lunatic Classic Fire Emblem: Awakening

• Thread starter MMMs
  • Start date
MMMs

MMMs

After 2 years, I'm Back!
Towns Folk
Sup guys MMMs here lol

I've finished Fire Emblem: Awakening dozens of times, watched every cut scene over and over again and etc.

I got bored of it and started a new game where in I challenge myself by playing the Lunatic difficulty and to put it more extreme, I also put the settings to classic lol In this profile, I'll do my best to play through the whole game again without any of my characters dying lol Which makes classic moot but it prevents me from charging against enemies which I know my characters would be revived on the next battle if they lose lol

Anyways, the trick to surviving Lunatic difficulty, you must let Frederick handle everything. Let the other characters stay away from battle, otherwise, they'll get slaughtered by your opponent's high damaging weapons lol.

fe complete.jpg

*In the pic, The Lunatic Classic difficulty is in the chapter where Sumia and Kellum debuts lol

Reactions: atomic_ian
Don't forget to grind your other units as soon as you can. You can't rely on Frederick the whole game. :hilarious:
Once you're done with chapter 5 I think you get the outrealm gate. Having the two DLC maps EXPonential growth and The Golden Gaffe really help out with Lunatic.
I'm also finishing up a lunatic run so I can start Lunatic+ (I hate myself, apparently because Lunatic itself is pretty hard.)
Good luck with your run. \ :) /

Reactions: MMMs
Way ahead of ya lol I got myself that bundle lol the infinite regalia, exponential growth and that other one with the infinite cash lol Im stuck at kellum and sumia's chapter lol with all the archers and knights hanging around the gates and they charge at me instead of just being in one place like the other chapters lol

Anyways, with lunatic + you'll get your syltuff from the old lunatic save file so your new run in lunatic+ wouldn't be so difficult lol the only thing that made lunatic difficult is how early your opponents got their high level weapons lol

Oh, I see. That's good news for me, then. :)
I actually finished that one today, lol. I paired Sumia behind Frederick and that increased speed made him hit everyone twice. Then I took out 1/2 archers on the left side with Frederick and made sure my units moved gradually behind him.
Cleaned up the armour guy with My unit, the spear unit was already dead when he attacked Freddy. Then I just held the position in the corner after healing him with Lissa and made him clean up the guys on the right when they arrived. I remembered to recruit Kellam, of course.
The rest is easy. Just open the gate, step up a little. Draw them out and beat them up. The only unit I had to worry about was the guy with the hammer, but luckily he missed and freddy got him too. The commander was pretty easy because Frederick now had the hammer, took like two attacks to finish her off.
Good luck! :D

Omg tnx for d tip d(0oO lol I just gave up there awho ago and played a different game instead lol anyways, who did u bring along? Lol did u leave a lot behind just so they wont die? Lol

No, aha. I brought everyone except Miriel (I'm guessing that's her name? I always neglect to use her, lol. The mage. :hilarious:) because there was no room for her. I just let everyone else follow behind Frederick and used Sully to help lissa go across the map faster. :)

Dunno how to do that in classic tbh lol If I brought everyone with me, I'm certain that at least 1 of them would die lol I need My Unit with me to deal with generals, then again, its lunatic and facing it would kill me lol Anyways, I just hope I get lucky this time around lol

You'll be fine as long as you use the X button on the map and click on the enemies to figure out their movement/attack range.
You can keep a few steps away from the enemy and bait them in and all that. Sometimes, it's not accurate depending on what was obstructing an NPC's range moving away, but you should be safe. At least I was.
I try to keep them compact so that everyone can run away if need be, but also provide support like killing off some enemies that Frederick weakened so I can keep him safe too.
Not exactly the best tactic, but eh. At least I finished it. :hilarious:

yep being doing that since Advanced wars lol I always bring frederick as bait on one side but the soldiers from the other side charges from the rear lol I cant really handle them tbh lol unless its casual, I'll take them on rambo style lol Anyways, c'est la vie >o> lol

Oh, wow. Advanced wars. I haven't played that in ages. D:
In this chapter though, first you clear the ground floor, right? I let Frederick deal with the units on the left, had My Unit clean up the one he didn't get. Then I just kept everyone behind while frederick dealed with the guys on the right.
I baited the ones on the upper floor to come down and killed them.
Had a bit of trouble doing this thought because sometimes archers would take out My Unit. >.<

Tried that for about 2 hours lol Maybe RNG isn't with me today lol I'll try later lol Anyways, the trick in my run is that I'll only bring Chrom, Lissa, Stahl, Frederick, and the other 2 just show up I guess lol My pair ups should be Listahl, Kellumia, and Chromderick lol anyways, Chromderick should at least take out 1 archer and tank for at least a turn, then take out what they didn't finish was the plan but, a lot of times, the archer lives, stahl kicks the bucket, and kellum couldn't tank lol
I'll leave the game to RNGesus then lol

RNGESUS THOUGH.
Good luck, haha. I'm sure you'll figure out something that works for you eventually. Personally I just let frederick tank everything. Not even Kellam can take hits from archers rn. >.<)/

oh lordy, and if you win that game with those settings, you will be the new king of fire emblem. many have tried but few have succeded. may the odds be ever in your favor man. i´m playing lunatic as well but i´m such a scaredy cat so i chose casual mode and i´m still having a hard time.

Reactions: MMMs
oh lordy, and if you win that game with those settings, you will be the new king of fire emblem. many have tried but few have succeded. may the odds be ever in your favor man. i´m playing lunatic as well but i´m such a scaredy cat so i chose casual mode and i´m still having a hard time.

Lunatic isn't the highest difficulty in the game, Lunatic+ is lol Beating Lunatic unlocks it lol and FYI, I'm still stuck at that same chapter till today (0_O lol That part is just really hard especially when your other units are just too weak to face even a foot-soldier in that chapter lol

Once you get to the DLC part of the game, it'll be smooth-sailing till the endgame lol

Lunatic isn't the highest difficulty in the game, Lunatic+ is lol Beating Lunatic unlocks it lol and FYI, I'm still stuck at that same chapter till today (0_O lol That part is just really hard especially when your other units are just too weak to face even a foot-soldier in that chapter lol

Once you get to the DLC part of the game, it'll be smooth-sailing till the endgame lol
you´re right, i forgot lunatic+ existed, if luatic is hard, i can´t imagine lunatic+.

by the way i´ll leave a tip for you: in battle formations, put frederick as far as you can on the left and have lissa near as well but not next to him, that´ll help you a lot. when you recruit kellam with chrom, pair them up and go to frederick, give frederick the javelin and transfer chrom to him as well. choose frederick and use the javelin to attack the guy at the lower-left part of the map but be careful to not go in the attacking range of the other units above him. that will make the start easier for you, and always stay in the corner where the trees are and leave some space for lissa to move and heal any character when needed to while using the others to cover her. past that it´s all up to lady luck to help out. you can do it. it worked for e and it can work for you. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

you´re right, i forgot lunatic+ existed, if luatic is hard, i can´t imagine lunatic+.

by the way i´ll leave a tip for you: in battle formations, put frederick as far as you can on the left and have lissa near as well but not next to him, that´ll help you a lot. when you recruit kellam with chrom, pair them up and go to frederick, give frederick the javelin and transfer chrom to him as well. choose frederick and use the javelin to attack the guy at the lower-left part of the map but be careful to not go in the attacking range of the other units above him. that will make the start easier for you, and always stay in the corner where the trees are and leave some space for lissa to move and heal any character when needed to while using the others to cover her. past that it´s all up to lady luck to help out. you can do it. it worked for e and it can work for you. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yep, That's what I've been doing all this time lol but RNG isn't being too friendly with me lol Sure I can finish that chapter anytime but I'll usually end up with the rest that aren't frederick dying lol I'm still hoping to finish this chapter and the whole game without anyone dying lol I'll just keep doing it till, frederick kills and tanks everyone at the bottom lol

Reactions: atomic_ian
Yep, That's what I've been doing all this time lol but RNG isn't being too friendly with me lol Sure I can finish that chapter anytime but I'll usually end up with the rest that aren't frederick dying lol I'm still hoping to finish this chapter and the whole game without anyone dying lol I'll just keep doing it till, frederick kills and tanks everyone at the bottom lol
that´s probably the best.

Frederick is like required in lunatic and lunatics+

I have yet to try Lunatic at all ;-; I should start, but I get such an attachment to some units, and some units join with such horrible stats. It's mostly the female characters you have to be extra careful if you want their children x_x But then again, you want enough male units to marry them off with p:

Back