Swapnote Spotpass returns as Swapdoodle!

• Thread starter 3dsatackman
  • Start date
3dsatackman

3dsatackman

Master of Fire!
Towns Folk
After a very long time a swapnote like application for 3ds returns called Swapdoodle(free to start same as swapnote) Here are the details from nintendo:
Share personalised handwritten notes, drawings and more with Swapdoodle, a free-to-start* messaging application only for Nintendo 3DS family systems. By registering friends and family as Doodle Pals, you can exchange all sorts of customised messages over the internet**. You can even learn how to sketch familiar Nintendo characters with purchasable doodle lessons.

CI7_3DSDS_Swapdoodle_Nikki_01_CMM_big.jpg

Scribble with your stylus to create a 2D or 3D image with a limited amount of ink, then attach a screenshot from your favourite game. Now, send it to a Doodle Pal via SpotPass** – when they open your note, they’ll watch your creation come to life as an animation, exactly how you drew it!

Stay connected
Whether it’s a little letter, a simple reminder or a cute cartoon you’ve drawn, your super scribbles are sure to brighten up someone’s day! You can even receive messages when your Nintendo 3DS family system is in Sleep Mode, so you and your mates can always keep in touch**.

CI_3DSDS_Swapdoodle_NikkiGroup_image912w.jpg

CI7_3DSDS_Swapdoodle_JustInTime_CMM_big.jpg

Just in time
Is your best friend’s birthday around the corner? Draw them something nice and then set the Date Stamp to their special day – that way, your friend will only be able to open your message when the time is right. Why not send some seasonal greetings to loved ones, too?

CI7_3DSDS_Swapdoodle_OodlesOfDoodles_CMM_big.jpg

Oodles of doodles
Up to four pages can fit inside each note, so there’s plenty of room for you to doodle away. You can even include secret pages – these sneaky slides will stay hidden from your friend until they reply, so you can always have the last word.

CI7_3DSDS_Swapdoodle_StartScribbling_CMM_big.jpg

Start scribbling!
You can download Swapdoodle from Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS family systems or even from this page***! To download from this page, log in using your Nintendo Account, then click “Free Download”.

Once you’ve downloaded Swapdoodle, you’ll be able to start sending simple notes to your pals straight away using the black pen, five units of ink and room to store up to 200 notes.

And yes Nickie is back!

Edit: ATM this is only available in EU

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc
I've only used this twice to be honest. Once because I was bored and the other time was to see if I got any messages back.
I don't think i'll be using it again in a long time. One of the worst things about this software is that you have to pay for different things to customize your letters. :thumbsdown:

It is little good. :)

I'm glad seeing Nikki is back in action, and I was worried if Swapnote will not recover and all after some incidents... I might use it while I'm at it! Alas that I have to pay to get some customization and lessons, but no big deal for me.

I haven't tried it out but I wish they would bring back the DS' old messaging system. It would make so much more sense to be able to use PictoChat 3D, especially if you could talk to people using your internet connection in real time.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
It's super cool ,but I don't use it because I don't have any friends in my 3ds although it's really cool for people to message each other with it. I hope it dosen't get shutdown like last time because of the stuff and pictures people were sending to there online friends. Hopefully it somehow ban the person from using swapdoodle whoever is doing nasty stuff or ban him forever just like miiverse so he/she won't ruin it for everyone else who likes to use swapdoodle.

I glad that this is back and that I could actually talk to my friend via 3ds and send drawings

It's super cool ,but I don't use it because I don't have any friends in my 3ds although it's really cool for people to message each other with it. I hope it dosen't get shutdown like last time because of the stuff and pictures people were sending to there online friends. Hopefully it somehow ban the person from using swapdoodle whoever is doing nasty stuff or ban him forever just like miiverse so he/she won't ruin it for everyone else who likes to use swapdoodle.
Yeah that be good, but they made it where you can't send pics in it, so I don't think that happen again.

Oh ok then that's good.

Who wants to add me!

I believe this is available in the US now... I'll check on this as soon as my 3DS is updated...

Update: Yes, indeed it is available in the US :D

Last edited:
I believe this is available in the US now... I'll check on this as soon as my 3DS is updated...

Update: Yes, indeed it is available in the US :D
Well didn't want say anything, but it was already. When he posted that, but I didn't want say anything.

Sounds cool.

...I still want PictoChat back though, come on Nintendo D:<

Yay! finally a way to talk without using miiverse or mario kart lobbies! I hope some of mah friends have it!

Swapdoodle looks pretty cool, but I don't know if I'm even going to use it, and I bet others feel the same way. The only reason I used Swapnote was because there wasn't much else to do on the 3DS at the time, not to mention it was before Miiverse, which is the better way to communicate with others in comparison to the swap apps.

Back