Switch 3 year anniversary

• Thread starter AricAttack
  • Start date
AricAttack

AricAttack

Pittoo
Towns Folk
As of right now the Nintendo Switch is now 3 years old, and so I made this thread to celebrate the fun memories this sweet little handheld has given us, and share your thoughts of the switch so far, and maybe things you enjoyed about it.

Reactions: Yumi Chi
I love the Switch it’s my most played handheld, I love the fact I got Minecraft on a hard copy cart that was my most wanted game as hard copy given I was with the game sense alpha testing, I am happy the Switch hit off big & I love I can play Witcher 3 & Skyrim anywheres!
there are so many games to play ! All portable & dock!
i love the unique Labo sets I have toy & vr set & it brings a unique experience to the system!

though I don’t like there are no themes I want to pinkafy my Switch home menu!
there are limited emulation games, some wii games have yet to get a port, the switch online is paid for what some measly Snes & nes games..
I like the fact the early Switch’s can be modded to add in themes, emulation for wii & other systems so this stuff can work on switch but I hate the fact the hackers/modders get the good stuff while many sit back on vanilla switch’s looking all the same..
I hope Switch lives many more years & we at least get themes one day.

*I suck at grammar & typing

Reactions: AricAttack
It has good games. The first home console I use to play online a lot and actually enjoyed it. I like it's VC support and MyNintendo gold points system to get stuff cheaper. Way too much DLC on a lot of games to get me interested further without debating on getting a different game unless it's a genre I'm really into. The overall design and features it offers I really take for granted. The fond memory I have of it is playing online and being behind in Smash but the opponent was a certain Little Mac and I back threw him, full hopped and fast fell-naired him so he couldn't recover back twice. :pepe:

This small console that everyone took for dead,, that it would fail, that it would not last, and now 3 years later it is one of the pieces of technology that for my change the way of playing video games forever for all

Reactions: Jisenku
This is a perfect thread! Also, this turned into a really long post so I understand if there’s some who don’t want to read it, but here ya go anyways!

Let me start with day one and all that jazz. I preordered the Switch from GameStop. Literally like two days prior to launch, I cancelled it because I felt like I was spending too much money on a console that was really only launching with one game. The hybrid functionality really intrigued me, but I wasn’t even a Zelda fan. The only Zelda I had ever played was Ocarina of Time, and that wasn’t even until the Wii U era and I never did finish the game entirely.

The day of the midnight launch, I went into GameStop and tried to preorder it again. But alas, preorders were filled. My only hope was getting it at midnight. Did I need this $300 Zelda machine? I wasn’t sure, but I sure the heck wanted it! So I went in after work at around 9:30 p.m. to GameStop. They had three Switch consoles available, and there was one guy waiting for one of them. The employee told me if I stayed in the store, he could hold it for me. I was so excited, because I really regretted my decision to cancel my preorder. So I sat there all those hours waiting for the console. I also had to wait for all of the preorder people before they’d give me my console. Believe it or not, it was a good wait. The employees were awesome and the other customer waiting with me, so we all just talked about games and anime and what have you. It was fun. Around 1 a.m., I was finally headed home with a brand new Switch!

I started playing BotW and instantly fell in love with the game. This was a game of the likes I’d never played before. It was amazing. It was addicting. It was a game where I actually WANTED to explore the entire world, whereas other games I found their massive open worlds to be boring, daunting, and/or tedious. Not this game. It was such an amazing game that it became my second favorite game of all time. My FAVORITE game of all time, Final Fantasy VII, in a shocking move ALSO came to Switch.

This is one of the brightest highlights about the Switch for me, and it came in a dark time. I live in Houston. In 2017, we were devastated by Hurricane Harvey. My apartment didn’t flood, thank gosh, but it doesn’t mean I wasn’t affected. My buddy and I wanted to watch the Conor Mcgregor/Floyd Mayweather boxing match. It happened the day that Harvey hit. Almost all restaurants were closed, but the storm was supposed to hit us earlier and was in a different area. We figured that it was just the media blowing the storm out of proportion and we decided to go watch the fight at a Hooters (which was the only place open showing the fight). Big mistake.

During the fight the storm started hitting us. The power was going on and off in the restaurant, and we had no idea how bad it was outside. The restaurant began telling everyone to leave and issuing refunds. My buddy and I went to the car and finished watching the fight on our phones, while the storm was going on. We didn’t realize what a big mistake that would be. We finished watching the fight and I drove off. Immediately, I realized we were in trouble. The roads were flooded everywhere, I had no way to drop my buddy off at his apartment. I got turned around on the freeway and had to drive on the wrong side of the road to get back to safe pastures. A truck almost ran into me head on. I pulled into a gas station and it was like we were on an island. There were literally 18 wheelers submerged underwater, and here I was with (at the time) a small car.

I noticed a hotel down the road. The only issue is, the only way to get there was to once again drive on the wrong side of the road. I told my buddy that it was either we get that hotel for the night, or we honestly might not make it through the night. I drove as carefully as I could on the wrong side of the road and we made it. We were soaking wet. Thank gosh they had a room. Thank gosh our room was also on like the 12th floor, lol. We got upstairs and dried our clothes with a hair dryer (it was our only option) and tried to wait out the storm that night.

All we had was our phones, our clothes, and what else? Our Switches. We both had our Switches, and so we played Mario Kart and we played Pokken and we played Zelda, just anything to get our minds off of what was happening outside to our city and while we waited out the storm. I would have survived without that Switch, but I realized then how important the Switch was to me. The TV in our hotel didn’t work, so you couldn’t have done that with a PS4 or Xbox One.

The next morning I was able to get my buddy home safe and myself, before the storm got bad again and started flooding everything again. At that point I just hunkered down at home until it was over. Thankful we survived the night, thankful I had the you know whats to drive on the wrong side of the road to get to where we needed, and thankful I had that Switch that kept our minds off things.

As of right now the Nintendo Switch is now 3 years old, and so I made this thread to celebrate the fun memories this sweet little handheld has given us, and share your thoughts of the switch so far, and maybe things you enjoyed about it.
The switch is awesome to me. My favorite part about it is you don't have to have a subscription to a service in order to play an exclusively online game (Fortnite, Warface, etc.)

Ever since I got the nintendo switch, I loved it. Amazing games on the system like super smash bros ultimate, super mario party, mario kart 8 deluxe and the nintendo online old school games. My first game was pokemon let's go eevee and from the day I got it I have been increasing my gaming collection for my nintendo switch.

I got my switch October 2017 and I've been loving the console so far but there are a lot of flaws I have with it. Joycon drift is a very notable flaw but the main flaws I have is with it's online services and the ui in general. I wish there was an ability to talk with people on your friends list so you can be able to know when you can play with them and be able to reach friends better especially if they don't own a phone. I mean the wii u had functionalities via miiverse to be able to talk with and even voice chat with friends. It seems honestly really odd for the switch to have nothing of the sort when both the wii u and 3ds had communication functionality. All nintendo really needs is to add a report system if people decided it's ok to act indecent in a chat.

What I really like about the switch is the ability to play games on the go without a TV. Playing smash bros ultimate with friends at school has prolly been the best times I had being a switch owner. Smash bros was the best game to play with friends and it was really popular back in 2018 and still is. Play smash at school will always be the coolest thing whether is ultimate or 3ds but I hope the switch continues to live on and continue to produce more games for the fanbase and for newcomers alike.

Back