Switch Game and Accessories Price

• Thread starter TribstyAnn
  • Start date
TribstyAnn

TribstyAnn

Me.
Towns Folk
Man! The Switch is expensive. Even after getting the console, the accessories, necessary or not, are extra expensive. Games are also costing more on the Switch than on other platforms as well. I can understand some of the games being more expensive, as cartridges are more expensive to manufacture, as well as other factors, but those accessories just seem excessive. $70 for a pro controller, $80 for a pair of joy-cons, or $50 for a single joy-con? Getting an extra dock is $90!

Does this expensiveness irritate you, and are you going to change your mind about getting a switch because of it? Personally, I'm still getting a Switch, but I'll just have to save up longer. It still is kind of irritating, though.

Yeah

Reactions: TribstyAnn
Great quality informative post. It really let me know your thoughts, and exactly what you agreed and disagreed with me on. I'm glad we could have a long, thorough conversation.

Reactions: 28142
Great quality informative post. It really let me know your thoughts, and exactly what you agreed and disagreed with me on. I'm glad we could have a long, thorough conversation.
I'm saying yeah it is alot of money, but I'm still getting it.

I'm saying yeah it is alot of money, but I'm still getting it.

It'd be nice if you expanded on your thoughts instead of just stating 1 word, since that doesnt really contribute anything to the thread. But that's just my opinion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It being so expensive is another reason for me not getting a switch. Just, you have to pay for this that and their hats ontop too.

Nowadays though consoles are getting more and more expensive because of the hardware inside and other costs. It's just something that unfortunately will happen. It's still very irritating though.

It is massively overpriced, but the second hand market is catching up fast. And the stores are selling below the 'advised' price too. I have good hopes that it'll become affordable in about half a year.

That being said, I don't see what Nintendo is trying to do by setting their price this high. I get there was a lot of investment in this thing, but a price like this greatly limits their sales. I'd say sell the console for 'cheap' then sell games for a higher price is a much more solid strategy.

I don´t really know why people love to make a fuss about nintendo´s consoles and prices. At least in my country, Uruguay, nintendo consoles and cartridges have been expensive since I remember my early days playing super mario bros. When the nintendo switch´s Price was announced for Europe and Usa, I wondered how much would that be in terms of Uruguayan money. I was astonished by the fact that in neighbour coutries, nintendo fans protested against the Price of the switch in their respective countries. I paid my switch 700 dollars, and now you complain your switch is expensive? hahahaha

Back