Switch Peripherals?

• Thread starter Iso Kilo
  • Start date
Iso Kilo

Iso Kilo

Sonic 1 Hacker
Towns Folk
Back in the early days of when the Switch was known as the NX people had speculated a VR peripheral that would possibly be released at launch, however that hasn't happened yet. But after remembering that VR peripheral while thinking of what the Switch was going to be, I thought; What peripherals would possibly be given to the Switch? We sort of got one with the Joy Con straps at launch, but that's not going to be very useful with Zelda. So this will be kind of a community post thing for you guys (and me) to give our ideas for future Switch peripherals, such as a type of guitar that you would put your Joy Cons in for say Rock Band.

A VR peripheral could be possible, but unlikely given how they're prioritizing playability for extended periods and power efficiency, as well as VR itself being a waste of resources overall.

It's more likely that we'll see accessories based on the Joy-Con and not much more.

There will be special controllers for games like Rock Band - the developer helps design those so no concern about Nintendo being lazy.
as well as VR itself being a waste of resources overall.

Yeah, the next step forward in gaming is sour grapes now because Nintendo can't quite manage it, right?

Yeah, the next step forward in gaming is sour grapes now because Nintendo can't quite manage it, right?
Totally, dude. I'm such a salty fanboy hurr durr.

No need to mention the higher price tag with that technology, the need for higher processing power that could be used for the actual games as well as limited accessibility and niche appeal ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Totally, dude. I'm such a salty fanboy hurr durr.¯
I'm glad you recognize that.

No need to mention the higher price tag with that technology, the need for higher processing power that could be used for the actual games as well as limited accessibility and niche appeal ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At least you can buy it as an add-on instead of being forced to buy a whole new console just to play Xenoblade which is playable on the original 3DS but was locked to the N3DS just so that it'd have one game. And guess what the extra processing power on the VR used for? That's right, the games themselves.

'Limited accessibility' how? People with glasses can play them. That's the only concern. You know, people with advanced ALS can't play other consoles, either.

As for 'niche appeal,' dude, you know what little kids - and everyone else but little kids most of all - since forever used to fantasize about? Games that they could fully immerse themselves into.

All your smug jargon doesn't sound so smart now, does it?

At least you can buy it as an add-on instead of being forced to buy a whole new console just to play Xenoblade which is playable on the original 3DS but was locked to the N3DS just so that it'd have one game.
wrong.jpeg, try forcing the N3DS to run at O3DS clock speed, then, lol. Sluggish as hell, and that's not accounting for it still using the extra RAM. The o3ds literally can't run it at all.
And guess what the extra processing power on the VR used for? That's right, the games themselves.
Guess Sony making an upgraded PS4 made to increase performance with VR was just marketing lies, right :p

Nope.gif

For VR to maintain a degree of immersion, it needs to have both high resolution *and* high framerate, so naturally, system resources go directly to that instead of being used on, say, particle effects, physics engine, visual quality and everything else. It goes only to VR performance instead.
'Limited accessibility' how? People with glasses can play them. That's the only concern. You know, people with advanced ALS can't play other consoles, either.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality_sickness
Will just leave that there, give it a read - and the sources, too.

As for 'niche appeal,' dude, you know what little kids - and everyone else but little kids most of all - since forever used to fantasize about? Games that they could fully immerse themselves into.
Oh, really? And why haven't gaming VR headsets broke even 2 million yet? :p The media buzzes with it, but the numbers certainly don't match the buzz.

All your smug jargon doesn't sound so smart now, does it?
So I tell you, lol.

"Oh, it's a new technology that isn't perfect! Let's boo hoo all over it and call it a waste!" You'd probably break out the "grafex dont matter gameplay does" argument if it was your beloved Nintendo with the VR

Why didn't the Switch break any pre-order records? There was certainly a lot of buzz about it. Sales don't mean everything, you really like failures like the N64, don't you?

Reactions: MindzEye
That's a strong opinion there Spinny.

Back