Switch repair charges, (UK)

• Thread starter Furyofthestorm78
  • Start date
Furyofthestorm78

Furyofthestorm78

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
So, I have sent my original switch ( well out of warranty )off for repair, as the back was lifted away slightly, and I was worried that the battery might have expanded and could potentially leak. I have been quoted £157.50 to replace the battery. I have looked at repairing it myself, but it does look quite complicated as the battery is under a lot of layers. Has anyone paid this? Do you feel that it is worth it?
Working out how much the console costs with all the extras, this charge seems to be how much the tablet itself costs, (based on the dock selling separately for quite a lot).

Sorry for the complainy posts. ( I was going to edit, but I can't find the option anywhere.)
This time I am not going to pay for repair, but I guess it is good to know how much they charge for out of warranty repairs, as I have been unable to find any price guides. I now have Switch no 3 (bit mad to spend £279 on a new console to avoid the repair fee, I know), now I just have to wait for them to return it, so I can copy the data from it on to the new one.
I didn't realize that each account needed to have the eshop de-registered and re-registered on another console. I made sure to switch my own account over, but not the kids ones.
Can the help centre do this remotely? I feel kind of bad for wasting their time... I love Nintendo consoles, but with the drift and battery issues (had to replace my new 3ds battery too, I got that replacement from the repair place for less than £20, but that one is a simple operation)

Back