Switch Update 8.0.0

• Thread starter Starry Windy
  • Start date
Starry Windy

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Towns Folk
So Switch has released a new update. Version 8.0.0 brings some things, like:
  • New icons based on Splatoon 2 and Yoshi's Crafted World. This means you can put Octolings, Off the Hook duo, Judd, yarn-like Yoshi or Kamek as your avatar, among others.
  • Hongkong / Taiwan / South Korea is available to select as Switch's region.
  • There's the option to disable your Switch from being awake if you pull the plug or putting it out of your dock.
  • You can sort the games in All Software by simply using L or R button. You can sort 'em by last played (the default option), by total playtime, by title name or even by publisher. Oh, and there's the option to redownload the software in the bottom of All Software's page.
  • Switch news allows you to read the article that you didn't get to see when it sank below the news feed. You can read the news of certain games without being subscribed to it too.
  • You can transfer user data for individual games this time. Might be useful if you want to transfer some data to your other Switch consoles.
  • You can zoom in on the screen. If you enable this option, you can tap Home button twice to enlarge the screen. It will be handy if you want to see small texts in-game.
  • Apparently VR mode has been added into Parental Controls options.
  • System adjustment for user experience as per usual.
So what do you think on this update?

Reactions: Mikaya, Marc and AricAttack
I think it is pretty good they added functionality like being able to sort the games we play and being able to display all the news too.
I think the data transfer is excellent. Glad to see it back.

It was odd the Splatoon icons were mainly about the first game so I am glad they added more icons to choose from.

Now I don't have to search for hours to find the game I want to play. I can have them in order by title. This makes it better for me. I just need a bigger micro sd card. the 256gb micro sd card I have now is almost filled up.

Back