Switch with a Tri-force worth over $500 US

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Long story short, some guys decided it was a good idea to cut the Nintendo Switch so that it displayed a Tri-force symbol. Now it's up on eBay with a current bid of $565 US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=qBVyF0I2Ruo

According to the YouTube uploader, the last eBay listing was taken down but reached as high as $90,100 :eek:

switch not working.png

Of course, the Switch in that video will no longer work xD

Would you purchase this bad boy as a trophy console? I wouldn't.

Reactions: Leviathinian
Nope because it has the ugly gery joycons instead of the neon ones if I wanted a Switch that didn't work, I'd break it myself for cheaper. And I would actually not do that either since it wouldn't be a good investment. If someone had a broken Switch for 50€ ok, maybe then I'd get it and put holes in it. Otherwise I have other ways to waste my money.

Nah i have other things to waste and spend money on '3'

Some people have too much money.

Reactions: Kalomaze
It is just nonsense! How on Earth could this happen? I mean, the console is not working, then, why would people want to buy a console that is not working? Just for the sake of bragging about it? But what then??? I got my switch a week ago (In Uruguay the switch´s shipping was kind of delayed) and I am treatig it with the utmost care possible

What. ...Why?

No I would not buy that. Why would one cut a perfectly working Switch to pieces? Next question: Why would anyone want to buy that. Do they believe it's still working? Do they think this is extremely funny? Why?

(If you ever feel like cutting up your Switch, why not give it to me instead? :3)

Next question: Why would anyone want to buy that.

I've been asking this question about the Switch for weeks now.

Reactions: Hayleia
I've been asking this question about the Switch for weeks now.
What's wrong with the Switch? It seems awesome to me. It's a transformer! It's way too expensive, but over time that problem will get solved. And 1-2-Switch seems hilarious.

Reactions: spagooti
Did someone just... cut the Switch monitor under Triforce sign? o_O
I don't think cutting the monitor would do favors, as I'm not sure Switch will work if it's treated that way -_-

Last edited:
I don't think cutting the monitor would do favors, as I'm not sure Switch will work if it's treated that way -_-
Surprisingly it worked for a while during the cutting process. Of course it couldn't survive at the very end ;-;

Ah! I watched that video when it came out! It was quite amusing to see it was still running even when they fully cut out the first triangle, even though it had cut right through the battery and motherboard.

I wouldn't buy it pre-done, I'd just buy a non-working switch for pretty cheap, and do it myself. I might not have the waterblaster that was used but you don't have to use that to do the same thing. Some carving tools + a saw would do the trick, plus who says you just stop at the tri-force? :p I'd love to be able to do something like that.

I'm considering cutting a Switch myself and selling it now...
$90,100 is enough for tons of Switches :D

Reactions: 18, Starry Windy and Marc
I'm considering cutting a Switch myself and selling it now...
$90,100 is enough for tons of Switches :D
$90, 100 is enough to feed and clothe you for three years and you're thinking of wasting it on a mountain of trash smh

Reactions: Tri-force64
$90, 100 is enough to feed and clothe you for three years and you're thinking of wasting it on a mountain of trash smh
That very much depends on the country you live in

*Enough to feed and clothe chibis for three years ;)

Reactions: 18
That very much depends on the country you live in
I was using America as a scale because Tri-force is most likely American. The average salary in America is $31, 000 per year. This amount of money allows one to live in semi-luxury. So yeah, $90, 000 is pretty great for three years.

Of course, if Tri-force wanted to live like an average Filipino, $90, 000 is enough for an amazing thirty years, given that the average salary in the Philippines is $3000 per year iirc - it was either the Philippines or Indonesia I read that about and I'm very certain it was the former; anyway, it'd be less comfortable but could last until Tri-force is middle-aged and has a beautiful Filipina wife and whatnot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tri-force64
I was using America as a scale because Tri-force is most likely American. The average salary in America is $31, 000 per year. This amount of money allows one to live in semi-luxury. So yeah, $90, 000 is pretty great for three years.

Of course, if Tri-force wanted to live like an average Filipino, $90, 000 is enough for an amazing thirty years, given that the average salary in the Philippines is $3000 per year iirc - it was either the Philippines or Indonesia I read that about and I'm very certain it was the former; anyway, it'd be less comfortable but could last until Tri-force is middle-aged and has a beautiful Filipina wife and whatnot.
:hilarious: True.

That was a total waste of a perfectly good console. Honestly, I think there's something wrong with the mind of the person who did that. If you're a hardcore Zelda fan, then use some other sort of material. They obviously have money to spare. xD

$90,000 though! There are some rich people out there. :eek:

I wouldn't buy such a thing. I'd rather have a console in good working order. :p

Back