Switch's First Anniversary!

• Thread starter Starry Windy
  • Start date
Starry Windy

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Towns Folk
It has been a year after the Nintendo Switch is released, and throughout the year, it became one of the most successful Nintendo consoles after Wii. It has sold over 10 million units by last December, and even surpassed the lifetime sales of Wii U! How's your thoughts on Switch on its first year?

Dunno.

Even though I'm glad Switch was released on the launch date, I was having struggles of being unable to get one, and at times I'm skeptical because there are only a few games back then (like the acclaimed Breath of the Wild, among others). Then as months gone by, Nintendo showcased several games that took my interests, so I decided to save some of my money (with some help) and finally managed to get the Switch before its first year ends, and I enjoyed it.

I hope that for its second year, Switch will have more support so that there will be many games that I'll enjoy when playing the Switch.

I've still yet to own a Switch, but I still think that it's very great hearing that the Switch is doing well. Before it's release, there were lots of folks being rather skeptical about the Switch's success. While I don't exactly blame them, looking at the Wii U's apparent failure, the numbers don't lie. Nintendo definitely did a much better job with this console, and I hope to see more nice games I wish I could play release for it. ;w;

I just got a Switch this past Christmas, and I do have to say that it is quite a wonderful console. There are some key features missing in my opinion but overall the software library for it is starting to grow and I love how they ported games from the Wii U onto it. I still consider the 3DS to be my favorite console though, only because the 3DS has such a vast library compared to the Switch. But once Pokemon is on the Switch, I'll have little reason to return to the 3DS.

I'm glad switch has had a great first year! 10~15 million sold on release year is nothing to laugh at. I was so busy it seems I missed the switch's first anniversary (and also inherently Breath of the Wild's one year birthday too)!

Back