The “Super Knitendo” was almost a thing

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
Okay, I understand that Nintendo has had some crazy idea in the past. But this is just too weird to pass up. .-.

Heyo everybody! Samster here, with a really strange topic. Apparently, Nintendo was literally planning on making a “Super Knitendo”. No, I’m not kidding. This actually would’ve been released if all the people beta testing it didn’t die of old age. ._.

2B48B728-CA98-43A8-9CDB-66C5B453A918.jpeg

The project was cancelled after that (thank goodness), so that’s why it’s not a thing today. I honestly don’t know why they thought this was a good idea, but hey. :p

Atleast this the first in the "Nintendo Fact" series of threads that not many people knew

How did you find this? And this is the most craziest idea Nintendo has put up. But if it did get release to the public, it would nothing more than a collector item and just a gimmick. But another part of me says that I want it to release because it was a cool concept but it was just way ahead of its time. society isn't ready to use a gaming console for sewing things.

It's a pretty wacky idea but im pretty curious what would've happened if they actually went through with the idea instead of cancelling it out right. I'm honestly curious how the thing would even work. It looks really interesting. Can this thing actually make clothes on it's own?

I thought for sure this was an April Fool’s joke. Apparently it’s real though, after doing some online research. It looks like it was a peripheral for the NES that could knit things.

It’s a clear example of Nintendo trying all kinds of different ideas in their search to innovate. It is interesting to see people show interest in this idea nowadays when this peripheral was DOA at the time. People were still trying to figure out video games in general, since they were still a new thing taking the world by storm. This was truly before it’s time.

Back