The 2DS' Biggest Flaw

• Thread starter G MAN
  • Start date
G MAN

G MAN

NYEH HEH HEH!
Towns Folk
I bought the 2DS as a budget alternative to the 3DS. Overall, the system is great, and I've had little to no issues with it. However, there is one thing that is absolutely killing me. You know how it is a portable system? Well, the thing doesn't close. This leaves the screen exposed and easier to crack. However, phones are like this, and that isn't an issue for most people. But the size of the thing is the most annoying part. Because it doesn't close, it doesn't fit in my pocket. This is the most agonizing thing you could imagine. You wouldn't expect it to matter much, but to me, it ruins the console. I plan to buy a normal 3DS son so I can take it with me to places like my local McDonald's. The 2DS is great for car rides and stuff, vacations, too. But other than that, pretty sad. Nailed it on the head, Nintendo. Great design with this one.

Yes yes, this has been said several times everywhere.
The reason for this being that it only has one huge screen instead of two, to cut costs, because that's exactly the point of the 2DS, cut costs. If it was just a 3DS with no 3D, it wouldn't cut enough cost to be worth manufacturing and selling.

So it's great if you want two systems for your two children (and you don't want to spend 400€) or if you already have a 3DS and want a secondary system for homebrew or whatever, or it's great if you want to save money, but complaining about the fact it cuts costs doesn't make sense.

Reactions: Zok and MindzEye
Well, I can understand where you guys are coming from and do have very valid points, but for me it doesn't really bother me because of the fact that I use it mostly at my house.

Well, I can understand where you guys are coming from and do have very valid points, but for me it doesn't really bother me because of the fact that I use it mostly at my house.
Why do you answer with a "you guys" and a "but" as if what I said was in contradiction with what you said?

This is why I didn't get one. Not only does it not close, you only get the left audio channel as well.
Also, despite many people saying the 3D feature is unnecessary, I feel like that in my experience, it enhances most games really well.

They removed the hinges because kids had a tendency to break them (I've seen this first hand with a ds-lite)

Reactions: Zok
I have a Nintendo 2DS and I really like it. I don't mind the whole "not able to close" problem, as a little bit of dust can easily come off with a little wipe from a cloth. Of course I'd prefer it if it would close, but its not that big of a deal.

Back