Towns Folk
So im trying to figure out what game to buy next. The games are:

Splatoon
Fantasy Life
Bravely Default
Fire Emblem: Awakening
RE: The Mercenaries 3D

I can't decide ;-; please help this indecisive soul

I was torn between Splatoon and Fantasy Life, then went ahead with Fantasy Life because I love that game and I'm quite biased!

That list is a toughie >.<'

Fire Emblem Awakening is my favorite 3DS game. If you're into strategy and you enjoy playing competitive games of Chess, you'll really enjoy this game. It has replay value too because of its difficulty levels. People say the lunatic modes are sort of like an entirely new game. Not with new content, of course >.<)/

You can read our review here - http://3dspedia.com/fire-emblem-awakening-review/

Fantasy Life is something that I've been playing a lot a while back. The multiplayer is great because you can go on adventures with friends, but what's disappointing is that you can't play with DLC owners if you don't have the DLC yourself =/

After you've beaten all trials or ancient ruin runs (if you have DLC), you'll eventually get bored and put it away unless :
  • someone asks you to make an item for them.
  • someone asks you to help them fight a difficult boss.
  • you just want to 100% the game by becoming a creator in all lives and completing all quests.
  • you just want to mess around in your friend's world.
You can read our review here - http://3dspedia.com/fantasy-life-review/

Splatoon is the most expensive out of the list and you can probably find the others for a lower cost, especially during a discount sale. I haven't played the game yet but I heard many great reviews of it, and its multiplayer should be solid.

You can read our review here - http://3dspedia.com/splatoon-review/

Out of those, I say go for Splatoon. It's currently what everyone is talking about and playing =P (Wii U owners).

I've heard that Resident Evil Revelations is a lot better than RE: The Mercenaries 3D (back in the day I heard they were just testing the waters when creating that game for something better - RE:Revelations).

Bravely Default is also a really great RPG, but the lack of multiplayer doesn't really do it much justice for getting it right away. Single player games are more like the "pick up at any time type of game" imo since I don't have to worry about the online community "kicking the bucket" if you know what I mean >.<

I only have Fire Emblem Awakening out of all the ones you suggested,and so far,I can say that you will need a lot of strategy and determinate thinking in order to conquer all the chapters within the story,but while you do that,you'll find yourself having a blast with the game.As for the others,I heard the word about Splatoon being Nintendo's newest big and great IP,with tons of replay and fun gameplay;Fantasy Life also got a lot of praise with a huge community of players addicted with the game for good mentioned reasons(there are Fantasy Life players here on the forums as well),Bravely Default is yet another acclaimed recent RPG for what I saw,and with Resident Evi:The Mercenaries 3D...honestly,I haven't heard a lot of it,but I seen a review pointing out that it's not as good as the other titles you want to buy. :bookworm:
All n' all,it really depends whether you like cartoony shooters,RPG or simulator games the most,personaly. :pompus:

I should point out that I've played past FE games, so I know what I'm getting into with it. And as far as Mercenaries 3D goes, I have Revelations and Im treating Mercenaries 3D as an expansion to game, like a new mode to play with Revelations, plus it's the cheapest game on this list. Bravely Default looks good, and although im a bit worried about how I have to replay it a few times for the story to advance, I haven't played a good RPG on my 3ds since SMT IV. The big worry for me is that with the upcoming Bravely Second and FE:Fates, they may stop production on Bravely Default and FE: Awakening like they did with Ocarina of Time (and yes im aware that BD ISNT a nintendo game, but it still might not be available), and I won't get to play it unless I pay huge prices for it (and I hate downloading games, so that's a no go). Splatoon looks fun, but it's the most expensive. Fantasy Life Im not too worried about leaving shelves anytime soon, but I borrowed it from my sister once, and I know that's really fun.

I think that you should get splatoon. There is a lot of weapons to choose from in it. The online mode is the best part of the game. You have to cover the whole map with your teams color. There is alsoa campaign which is fun too. This game is worth it and you will not regret buying this game.

Ive been looking into fantasy life. I dont own the game, but it seems like a very fun and addicting game :)

Depends what you enjoy. But in my personal opinion, though I'm sure you've already made your decision by now, I think Fantasy Life looks like the best of the five. I'm sure this opinion will help nobody else, either. Maybe when they all inevitably get ported to the Switch, maybe then this will come in useful for anyone who wants game recommendation.

But that's beside the point, I guess. I'm kind of disappointed myself that I never got to play Fantasy Life as it looked really good. Always wanted to, never did, now my 2DS is dead and I've got no chance at all. It might even be out of production and the eShop could be down by now, as well. I say the former is quite likely and the latter may be coming sometime in the near future.

The other four... I mean, in modernity, Fire Emblem is shaping up to be a pretty classic franchise. Square Enix keep coming out with Bravely Default spiritual successors in varying degrees as well as a straight-up sequel that was either recently released or ver soon to be released. Splatoon? Another classic, but unlike the others, it seems to be primarily centered around multiplayer, which might not be for you if the rest of the games in your sight are primarily RPGs of some degree.

Never played Resident Evil so I can't speak for that.

Back