The buggy basher - Mega Pinsir!

• Thread starter Gecko
  • Start date
Gecko

Gecko

Son of Anarchy
Towns Folk
For as long as pokemon fans and bug-type enthusiasts remember, Pinsir was always living in the shadow of Heracrosses big BIG attack. The same applies for generation X and Y to right? Wrong. With the introduction of Mega Evolution, Pinsir gains flying type, and a blessing strait from heaven in the form of its Mega Ability: Aerilate. Articulate changes all of its normal-type moves to flying type, allowing it to destroy bulky walls such as Mega Venesaur, Breloom, and even its rival: Mega Heracross!

Now into its moveset:

Pinsir@Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Moves:
Swords Dance
Double Edge
Close Combat
Quick Attack

This set works so that when Pinsir switches in, the opponent can't damage its Attack with Intimidate or Glare because of its ability, Hyper Cutter, which allows it to not take any damage to its Attack stat! Pop that Mega Stone, and get ready to fly! Use Swords Dance (only one needed), and quick attack, quick attack, quick attack only stopping to use Swords Dance when the opponent is switching. When you're in a tight spot, just use your Double Edge for an edge in battle! Also only use CC when faced with a normal or rock typed wall.

Hope you enjoyed this review! Comment with suggestions or comments! Thanks!

This is a strong set until you come across any ghost type. And with ghost types becoming more of a problem with Aegislash, mega gengar, mega banette, Trevenant, it's possible to get walled HARD very easily. Then a ghost could just set up a sub on your switch out, double edge seems like the big move waster, cause close combat already does the same amount of damage and has coverage while double edge is just resisted. Earthquake, stone edge or X Scissor seems like a more viable choice, I would pick earthquake and hope to god a gengar doesn't come and find me.

I use this one :

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Anything really
-> Mold Breaker can hit Rotom-W before mega evolving
-> Moxie can give you an attack boost if you revenge kill a weaker Pokemon
-> Hyper Cutter prevents Pokemon with abilities that lower your Attack (which sucks at times)
Moves:
- Quick Attack
- Sword Dance
- Earthquake
- Close Combat

Return is also a nice move that gets flying stab. Close Combat destroys Heatran and Excadrill (two popular air balloon users), earthquake is for coverage, quick attack is for priority/aerilate and sword dance is for the attack boost.

Like this?

Pinsir@Pinsirite

Swords Dance
X-Scizor/Earthquake
Close Combat
Quick Attack

Instead of double edge i would go Return still does 102 base damage and you take no recoil. also hypercutter is a nice idea but i like moxie so i can get some avenger kills increase my attack stat and then mega. my move set i use is:

Pinsir@Pinsirite
Abillity: Moxie
Nature:Jolly
Quick Attack/Close Combat
X-scissor
Earthquake
Return/Close combat

Back