The Hunger Games: Mockingjay-Part 1. Has anybody else watched it?

• Thread starter Daytone
  • Start date
Daytone

Daytone

Casual Smash Bros. Player
Towns Folk
I just forked over 25 bucks in order to buy two tickets, a large popcorn, and two large drinks and went to see Mockingjay. If you have been wanting to see it but you are not sure if it will be worth the money or you'd rather just wait until it came out on DVD/Blu Ray, trust me, this movie deserves the cinematic experience. I loved this movie, the timeline just got smoother and smoother, and the rebels were doing so good, inspiring so many, so close to overthrowing the capitol. That's what I loved, almost no flaws came up in their plan, but the few that did, (hospital, bombings, etc) were solved or turned into greater messages to help convince the other districts to fight back. Then the whole Peeta issue was just overwhelmingly crazy. The entire time, the movie was packed with action, very much unlike Catching Fire (I didn't very much enjoy CF) and very much like the original movie (My favorite, Mockingjay is a close second). And they didn't even include the Hunger Games, no fight to the death. It was like a better remake of Divergent. But, it was the ending that really got me. Almost as bad as CF's cliffhanger, it leaves us with so many questions. Are the rebels working with the capitol? Will Peeta be tortured and killed? What will the Capitol do now? That's why I absolutely loved this movie, and I strongly recommend that you watch it in theaters, as it has been there since November 21st.

*SPOILERS* (Note: this is solely my opinion, I respect the OP's and anyone else's opinion though)

I'll be honest, I thought the opposite. It seems like splitting the Hunger Game up into 2 parts doesn't work well, since the slower, boring half is now being extended into a full movie. The rebels never seemed to think to deeply into their plans, since it seemed like more of them died in their OWN plans (that water treatment facility HAD to have killed them all. There's no way they had enough time to escape.). Katniss pratically helped the Capitol when she shot down that plane that crashed into the hospital. Notice how many times that plane kept circling around trying to hit it, when Katniss managed to take it down in one shot. Then there's the realization that the she basically blew up the hospital....for a propo. As far as Peeta goes, are you honestly telling me that no one mentioned how easy it was to escape, especially after Snow told them he already knew about them breaking into the place? Or realize that maybe it'd be a good idea to have the planes land ANYWHERE but the base just in case they were being tracked? Don't even get me started on that Hanging Tree song, that propo wasn't even supposed to aired in the book. But even so, there are so many other songs that are better to sing if you were a rebel, but no, they all sang the one song that was basically about hanging yourself. I guess none of this would have been an issue, if anything exciting ever happened. Most of it was just her freaking out over which guy she was gonna pick, and running off doing the exact opposite of whatever her superiors told her to do. I guess I'll stop now, or else I'll never stop. But yea, you can tell I didn't think highly of the movie. I hope the second half is better...and actually has something exciting happen

*SPOILERS* (Note: this is solely my opinion, I respect the OP's and anyone else's opinion though)

I'll be honest, I thought the opposite. It seems like splitting the Hunger Game up into 2 parts doesn't work well, since the slower, boring half is now being extended into a full movie. The rebels never seemed to think to deeply into their plans, since it seemed like more of them died in their OWN plans (that water treatment facility HAD to have killed them all. There's no way they had enough time to escape.). Katniss pratically helped the Capitol when she shot down that plane that crashed into the hospital. Notice how many times that plane kept circling around trying to hit it, when Katniss managed to take it down in one shot. Then there's the realization that the she basically blew up the hospital....for a propo. As far as Peeta goes, are you honestly telling me that no one mentioned how easy it was to escape, especially after Snow told them he already knew about them breaking into the place? Or realize that maybe it'd be a good idea to have the planes land ANYWHERE but the base just in case they were being tracked? Don't even get me started on that Hanging Tree song, that propo wasn't even supposed to aired in the book. But even so, there are so many other songs that are better to sing if you were a rebel, but no, they all sang the one song that was basically about hanging yourself. I guess none of this would have been an issue, if anything exciting ever happened. Most of it was just her freaking out over which guy she was gonna pick, and running off doing the exact opposite of whatever her superiors told her to do. I guess I'll stop now, or else I'll never stop. But yea, you can tell I didn't think highly of the movie. I hope the second half is better...and actually has something exciting happen
Woah, you really didn't like it. Anyways, I read the books, and yes, the second part is more exciting. I won't spoil it, but I will tell you that there will be another Hunger Games.

Yea, I enjoyed the previous movies, but this last one...something about it just made me not like it, as you can tell :p. Maybe if I watch both parts together I'd be more forgiving though

i watched it December 12 2014

Back