"The Keep" - 3DS Dungeon Crawler Game

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Alpha footage for "The Keep" has been revealed :

It's a first-person dungeon crawler for the Nintendo 3DS with real-time 'gesture-based' combat, :love: Sort of reminded me of Dark Meadow: The Pact for Android and iOS devices.

Caves and dungeons are rigged with traps, secret passages and treasure. The treasure that you find are either powerful weapons or supplies. See some screenshots of the game below (thanks to Siliconera) :

the_keep_03_thumb.jpg

the_keep_01_thumb.jpg
the_keep_02_thumb.jpg
the_keep_04_thumb.jpg
the_keep_05_thumb.jpg

What are your thoughts?

Cool 3DS app love how much is it

Cool looking gameplay, judging from the screenshots. I love FP dungeon crawlers and finally having real-time combat in one would be interesting. The character on the lower screen is the main character, I guess, our protagonist; that's kind of a letdown because he is ugly. Where are the anime protagonists that are almost always in these games? :p

Reactions: Marc
It looks smooth! I'm picky when it comes to dungeon crawlers though. The enemies in the trailer don't appeal to me - they look unimaginative. Is there a plot to it?

Reactions: Marc
Cool 3DS app love how much is it
I don't think they revealed its price tag yet though, :bag:
The character on the lower screen is the main character, I guess, our protagonist; that's kind of a letdown because he is ugly.
I think there might be more playable characters. From what I heard, there is a permadeath option, so that's my guess.
Is there a plot to it?
I'm not sure. All I know is that the game will have challenging gameplay, :angelic: I'm hoping for a good storyline too.

The Keep should be released tomorrow in NA region and next Thursday in Europe.

There is one main hero, but he can use different classes. Previous RPG (Inquisitor) from Cinemax was awesome, with deep story and great gameplay, but had pretty outdated graphic, so, don't judge this game by few screenshots, it should be good even without anime chars and chibis ;)

Reactions: 18
I am still playing it; will write the review as soon as possible. It's not a standard dungeon-crawler, it's a survival dungeon crawler where you hit and run :p
The dungeon setting is rather simple, rather than my favorite Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey; but yes, the gameplay and feature are challenging. The control is a bit difficult, to make it out alive is relieving :sorry:

Reactions: 18 and Marc
I'd rather play D&D wrath of ashardalon

Back