The knight in " Hollow Knight " past

• Thread starter EMDestroys
  • Start date
EMDestroys

EMDestroys

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
Have any of you watch game theories video on the knight's past from hollow knight that he might be the reborn king

I wont go into too much detail here about it, but the TLDR of that video is a theory which was taken from a post on the game theory subreddit (without permission ofc), and the theory itself gets debunked even by the game itself within the first like, few mins of the story.

It has no base to it, and it's just another of his dumb theories giving him a chance to steal some more art and likely steal the script off of someone cause at the time there was nothing better.

Yes, I hate matpat. He's stolen my own stuff before, and I know others he's stolen from as well. He spreads misinformation and is actually slightly manipulative when it comes to his fans tbh. Also, screw that "ARG" he tried to make lol.

I wont go into too much detail here about it, but the TLDR of that video is a theory which was taken from a post on the game theory subreddit (without permission ofc), and the theory itself gets debunked even by the game itself within the first like, few mins of the story.

It has no base to it, and it's just another of his dumb theories giving him a chance to steal some more art and likely steal the script off of someone cause at the time there was nothing better.

Yes, I hate matpat. He's stolen my own stuff before, and I know others he's stolen from as well. He spreads misinformation and is actually slightly manipulative when it comes to his fans tbh. Also, screw that "ARG" he tried to make lol.
I didn't know any of that and how does he get away with it

Anyway this post was to find out what people think

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know any of that and how does he get away with it

Because his fans are quite young, and they'll defend him with tooth and nail. They will just brush off any criticism of him as "they're just dumb haters".

There was an incident a bit ago where Toby Fox, the guy behind undertale, stepped into an argument between matpat and another indie dev, Thor (who made heartbound), because matpat ended up using heartbound and marketed it as a new undertale game and such, without any links at all to heartbound itself (this was on a GTLive stream + video). Now, Thor is a lovely guy, I've talked to him many times. But if you where to believe matpat's fans, you'd think Thor was someone out to get anyone who said anything about his game and that he thinks he deserves more then he's already getting and what not.

And the outcome of all that... "Oh yeah, I'll make sure to link the games and suh properly in descriptions from now on", cut to like, 3 videos later and he stopped doing that and went back to the same clickbait crap.

All the art stealing and such he's been called out in literally every video for by the artists themselves, but they all get ignored. His fans just cry "but it's free exposure for you", when it's not, because literally no credit is ever given.

Scripts, he never writes his own scripts anymore. Theories are stolen from the internet, mostly from his subreddit, or, my personal favourite, during the fortnite ARG he'll just rip the wiki a community I'm in built up around it and claimed all the images and puzzles where solved by "his" fans. When actually, over on the "unofficial offical" game theory discord, they where running around in circles over dead end clues from a couple months before.

This is only a small story of the history of matpat btw. I hope that explains some things.

Reactions: Samster
Because his fans are quite young, and they'll defend him with tooth and nail. They will just brush off any criticism of him as "they're just dumb haters".

There was an incident a bit ago where Toby Fox, the guy behind undertale, stepped into an argument between matpat and another indie dev, Thor (who made heartbound), because matpat ended up using heartbound and marketed it as a new undertale game and such, without any links at all to heartbound itself (this was on a GTLive stream + video). Now, Thor is a lovely guy, I've talked to him many times. But if you where to believe matpat's fans, you'd think Thor was someone out to get anyone who said anything about his game and that he thinks he deserves more then he's already getting and what not.

And the outcome of all that... "Oh yeah, I'll make sure to link the games and suh properly in descriptions from now on", cut to like, 3 videos later and he stopped doing that and went back to the same clickbait crap.

All the art stealing and such he's been called out in literally every video for by the artists themselves, but they all get ignored. His fans just cry "but it's free exposure for you", when it's not, because literally no credit is ever given.

Scripts, he never writes his own scripts anymore. Theories are stolen from the internet, mostly from his subreddit, or, my personal favourite, during the fortnite ARG he'll just rip the wiki a community I'm in built up around it and claimed all the images and puzzles where solved by "his" fans. When actually, over on the "unofficial offical" game theory discord, they where running around in circles over dead end clues from a couple months before.

This is only a small story of the history of matpat btw. I hope that explains some things.
One of my friends were talking about that incident before I knew who MatPat was so I didn't take notice but now I do and I told my friend who's a big fan of his and her mind was blown and now I think she is annoyed

Yup, I'll admit, I used to like his stuff. But this was back way back before his cheesy, cringy jokes and all this came to light. But yeah no, just take a look over his subreddit or something at any of the posts like "why does matpatget so much hate" and you can just see the huge echo chamber of just hate towards anyone that says something against him. It's horrible

Yup, I'll admit, I used to like his stuff. But this was back way back before his cheesy, cringy jokes and all this came to light. But yeah no, just take a look over his subreddit or something at any of the posts like "why does matpatget so much hate" and you can just see the huge echo chamber of just hate towards anyone that says something against him. It's horrible
True I do like the old more serious ones better

Reactions: 28142
Back