The Legend of Legacy

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Reece

Doesn't the name "The Legend of Legacy" intrigue you, because it sure intrigued me! I just stumbled upon this little jewel a few minutes ago, and I just felt like sharing it with you.

Apparently this game has just been announced for Japan, on an November issue, by a magazine called V Jump and is working with a gaming development company called: "FuRyu". Pricing is set at 5,980 yen.

The description given is:
The Legend of Legacy allows players to choose between seven protagonists: Meurs the elementaler, Bianca the amnesiac girl, Liber the treasure hunter, Garnet the church’s knight of justice, Owen the capable mercenary, Eloise the bewitching alchemist, and Filmia the frog prince. As far as the plot goes, Anime News Network reports: “The story of gods’ legacy and truth begins on Avalon, the legendary land that has awakened from an eternal slumber.”

For those who are interested on the development team (someone who worked on Crono Trigger is working on this project :woot: ) :
Director: Masataka Matsura
Image Illustration: Tomomi Kobayashi (SaGa franchise character illustrator)
Game Design: Kyoji Koizumi (SaGa franchise battle designer)
Character Design: Ryo Hirao
Background Art: Misako Tsutsui (ex-S-E background artist)
Monster Design: Yuichiro Kojima (ex-S-E texture artist), Ryoji Shimogama (ex-S-E creature designer)
Composer: Masashi Hamauzu (I hear he makes good music)
Sound Editor: Kenichi Saito
Text Direction: Masato Kato (wrote for Chrono Trigger and Xenogears, wrote and directed Chrono Cross)
Narration: Emiko Shiratori
Title Logo Design: Tadahiko Kawaguchi
Movie Design: Shuhei Yamagata

Just today gameplay has been announced, so take a look!
This is why I just LOATHE Region-Lock, this game looks awesome. Anyone else interested, are you looking forward to a EU/NA localization? :)

Whaaaattt? Masato Kato finally writes scenario again??? I am, indeed, looking forward into this game. Those drawn background art is my favorite, and we're getting ex-SQEX awesome staffs. Though FuRyu is the one publishing this in Japan, I hope it'll get the chance to be localized :oops:

Whaaaattt? Masato Kato finally writes scenario again??? I am, indeed, looking forward into this game. Those drawn background art is my favorite, and we're getting ex-SQEX awesome staffs. Though FuRyu is the one publishing this in Japan, I hope it'll get the chance to be localized :oops:
Same, the drawn background art looks awesome, seems just like Bravely Default art! I really hope it gets localized, and I didn't realized some of them were ex-SQEX staff members :eek:. I'm more hyped on this game now. :bag:

Same, the drawn background art looks awesome, seems just like Bravely Default art! I really hope it gets localized, and I didn't realized some of them were ex-SQEX staff members :eek:. I'm more hyped on this game now. :bag:
Or you can say, most of them were SQEX staffs. I would like to see SaGa resemblance here; each character with their own story to begin with. Well, let's see. I'm putting my hope to Masato Kato...

Oh wow, this game looks gorgeous. I'm always wondering how they push the 3DS that far without performance issues. I hope the story is solid as well as the gameplay to back this gorgeous visual.

Yeah, story is what constitutes, or even defines an RPG. When the story fails, it takes down the whole game :oops:
Masato Kato is already famous for Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross (well, I really love and am inspired from Chrono Cross), so let's see how he sets the plot. It's not that famous scenario writers always do good story, but with Chrono Trigger/Cross standard, the expectation is really high.

But many RPGs have a cliché story, it's really easy to fall into that and I hope this one won't (even though it wouldn't prevent me from playing it anyway if it is localized). And yes, the standard is pretty high for this game with the Chronos in mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back