The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening is coming to the Nintendo Switch

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
Well, would you look at that? :redpanda:

I’m gonna get this, because Zelda. I never played the original Link’s Awakening much, but it’ll be nice to have a 3D remake of it, I guess. \o/ I mean, it’s better than them just porting it, right? :panda: The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening 3D launches exclusively for the Nintendo Switch in 2019.

You guys going to grab this when it releases?

Reactions: Kaynil, Dowhat? and P2.0
I just might, but I have to make sure that no one else is getting it. :p I've only ever seen my younger brother play it via 2DS, but it looked fun, tbh! I wonder if they'll add anything else to it, or will it stay the ssme? Hard to tell.. But I do know my eyes will be on this game! ...As soon as we get Smash. ...And as soon as I get Dragon Marked for Death. :p

Reactions: Dowhat? and Samster
I really like old school games like this but it might be cheaper to find a used copy. I prefer the old school graphics over this newer cleaner version but that's just me. Even though reading about it in Nintendo Power spoiled the plot for me (as well as that trailer) I would pick this one up over any of the newer games any day.

I really like old school games like this but it might be cheaper to find a used copy. I prefer the old school graphics over this newer cleaner version but that's just me. Even though reading about it in Nintendo Power spoiled the plot for me (as well as that trailer) I would pick this one up over any of the newer games any day.
The game is called "link's awakening." You are sorta supposed to know that... Link is asleep. It's not actually a spoiler for the game (as far as I understand). Furthermore, the game is less about the plot, and more about the gameplay, at least the original was.

This game had been rumored for a while for the 3ds, so I'm kind of sad it won't be on here. Either way I am excited for this game, and that art style is so different! I like it though. I hope to play this one at some point.

Reactions: Samster
The game is called "link's awakening." You are sorta supposed to know that... Link is asleep. It's not actually a spoiler for the game (as far as I understand). Furthermore, the game is less about the plot, and more about the gameplay, at least the original was.

This game had been rumored for a while for the 3ds, so I'm kind of sad it won't be on here. Either way I am excited for this game, and that art style is so different! I like it though. I hope to play this one at some point.
I noticed that almost everybody was quite pleased that it would be on the Switch, and not on the 3DS. I feel that most people don’t really use the 3DS anymore, and the Switch is what everybody wants everything on nowadays. It’s sad, but it happens. I wouldn’t have minded it on the 3DS, but I guess some people feel differently.

Reactions: Dowhat? and Duffy
I noticed that almost everybody was quite pleased that it would be on the Switch, and not on the 3DS. I feel that most people don’t really use the 3DS anymore, and the Switch is what everybody wants everything on nowadays. It’s sad, but it happens. I wouldn’t have minded it on the 3DS, but I guess some people feel differently.

There's a lot of 3ds hate out there right now, for various reasons. It;s especially apparent on social media like youtube. I'm not sure sure why... but it sees to me that it's easy way to drum up clicks and popular opinion.

It's true 3ds is on it's way out. It's lasted like 3 years longer then expected. Most consoles live 5 years, so the 3ds has had a long glorious run.

What bothers me the most is how people don't really respect what the 3ds did for Nintendo. When the Wii U was failing, and hemorrhaging money for Nintendo, the 3ds was DOMINATING the handheld market, and keeping nintendo afloat. Over it's lifespan, it approximated about 80% of the market! That's crazy, considoring nintendo's best selling home console, the wii with 101 million sales, only had about 37% of the market share. The 3ds was no slouch, and even though most people want it to burn, I for one, am sad to see it go.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2, Dowhat? and Samster
Im definitely getting this on release, any excuse to play this wonderful game is really awesome, and I’m really happy that a lot of people can experience what I consider the best 2d Zelda. It might not have as much as link to the past or worlds, but it has some of the most creative aspects and it heavily inspired ocarina of time. When I watched the direct I was kinda disappointed because I thought it was fire emblem or something but then my heart dropped when I saw links boots. A lot of the people reacting knew what the game was but haven’t played it. Honestly it isn’t that long but I’m excited to see how they upgrade certain characters and add new features and hopefully a master quest like oot. Truly happy and excited. It has the feeling of the first Zelda, but the world feels alive. I think the artstyle really suits it, and I hope the music is revamped to a high degree as we’ve already seen with the over world theme. You guys really need to try this epic game. :D

Back