The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Copies Being Sold Ahead Of Time

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
It's been happening a lot lately. Heck, people got their Switch Lite ahead of street date too.

People from Reddit and Twitter are posting pics of their early copies of The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. The game doesn't launch until September 20th, but that didn't stop people from getting their copies in Chile/etc.

GNki0eZ.jpg

whn4Ytr.jpg

d87NhLZ.jpg

One person got their copy from a high-street retailer from Chile, while the other claims to have gotten it directly from the warehouse.

I'm not really happy about this because it can cause Nintendo to be stricter with certain countries. Then again, stuff like this happens in the US like Walmart/etc, so I'm not sure if they'll take action against other countries (yet).

Leave it to Walmart to sell stuff before release date, lol. I’m pretty sure they’ve done this with the New Nintendo 3DS XL, and a few other 3DS games as well :redpanda:

More or less, Walmart just looooves to get it out there before the timed release, because money, obviously. Everyone’s gonna run to them to get it first, effectively destroying other business’s plans, and making much more profit than they would if they stuck to release date.

More or less, Walmart just looooves to get it out there before the timed release, because money, obviously. Everyone’s gonna run to them to get it first, effectively destroying other business’s plans, and making much more profit than they would if they stuck to release date.
Walmart isn't to blame for the The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening copies being sold ahead of launch.

And I'm sure the higher-ups wouldn't want the lawsuits.

• Informative
Reactions: Samster
Leave it to Walmart to sell stuff before release date, lol. I’m pretty sure they’ve done this with the New Nintendo 3DS XL, and a few other 3DS games as well :redpanda:

simple solution. blacklist walmart :p

Walmart isn't to blame for the The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening copies being sold ahead of launch.

And I'm sure the higher-ups wouldn't want the lawsuits.
Oh, so Walmart wasn’t the culprit this time? My bad, should’ve fact checked before assuming. Are you able to share specifics on which retailer (or retailers) were behind it?

Oh, so Walmart wasn’t the culprit this time? My bad, should’ve fact checked before assuming. Are you able to share specifics on which retailer (or retailers) were behind it?
That isn't known but all the information we do know is in the first post.

Reactions: Samster
Well we know where @Samster doesn't work. :p I think whoever got their games/systems early didn't gain anything besides no spoilers from other people which is really dumb because in this case the Switch Lite is just another Switch and the Zelda game is a remake.

Back