The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Link sure is getting a lot of fame. He made an appearance in the upcoming Cadence of Hyrule indie game and we know BOTW is getting a sequel.. I haven't played BOTW but I surely wasn't expecting a sequel for the Nintendo Switch this soon. I would have thought it'd go on the next Nintendo console.

But anyway, back to The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening..

It looks kinda.. cute. If I was crazy about Zelda games, I would definitely pick this one up, but considering I skipped BOTW and have barely finished many Zelda games I had, I doubt I'd even consider getting Link's Awakening.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Official Trailer E3 2019

The game will be available on September 20th 2019.

Anyone picking this one up? What do you think about the gameplay?

Reactions: James and Dark Link
I might actually consider picking this and AC:NH up if I ever get a Switch, fingers crossed.

Looks pretty good for a remake, and the idea of making your own dungeon is quite interesting.
I could just get the original GB game from 1993 on the 3DS, but I'll wait.

I'd personally just play the GBC version so you can brag to your friends who want the Switch version that you have a D-Pad and they don't. Sure they may have added some stuff but I'm a sucker for pixel graphics. It's probably cheaper to get the older one on the eShop too.

I got the original from back when club Nintendo was still a thing, and I do not regret my choice. 10/10 game, would love any excuse to play it another couple of times.

Eh, I actually really enjoyed Link’s Awakening, but this new remake seems way too cartoony for my tastes. Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing wrong with cartoony looking games. In fact, Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass were probably my favorite DS games. It’s just that this one seems a little too animated.

Idk, I might get it, just cause it’s a Zelda game, and since it’s a remake, there’s bound to be a ton of new stuff.

Back