The Miiverse Redesign

• Thread starter Doctor Strange
  • Start date
Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange

Master of the Mystic Arts
Towns Folk
This is basically a sequel thread to "How's Miiverse?" So I heard about the redesign, I think, 5 weeks ago to talk to my Miiverse friend, Nick. So I read the post about it and it seems alright, but I hated that you can only post and comment 30 times a day. I heard people say "R.I.P. Miiverse" So what do you think?

People were saying "#SaveMiiverse" in 2014 when the 3 minute wait time in between posts and comments was added. Thankfully the tight strings on the wait time will be loosened a little. The Miiverse community had hope then, but it seems as if all hope has depleted with the latest phrase: "R.I.P Miiverse" lol. Anyways, the redesign looks really good to me; I can definitely see the improvement when I look back to the still-current layout. 30 posts/comments a day is quite the restriction to those who avidly use Miiverse like a true social media. At least the In-game posts won't add up to the total, which was a right move by Tom. xD

Well I rarely use Miiverse and when I decided to log back in, I get greeted with a 30 post a day restriction. That really doesn't bother me because I won't be able to finish up those 30 posts even of I did try. I have seen many Miiverse users saying "R.I.P. Miiverse" and other rants about how much they hate about the Miiverse update.

Miiverse was quite fun at first, but I guess Nintendo got annoyed with how the userbase kept... well, trying to use their social media site like it was a social media site. Clearly, they wanted something that would look good for PR judging from their marketing screenshots, stuff like "collected all stars in world 8!" instead of "damn, Lucina is really hot."

Of course, we got the latter, because Nintendo grossly misjudged how the internet actually works. Hence we they essentially tried their best to kill the site with updates like this, hoping a limit of 30 posts a day would deter users of that nature, but they ended up creating alts instead to bypass the limit. It was easy enough to create separate profiles on their main console at the time - the Wii U - and they either had no way of telling or couldn't be bothered to ban any of these accounts, most likely the former.

At the end of the day, the usuals would continue to dominate the site, and it never ended up like Nintendo had hoped it would. Hopefully they learned their lesson - no matter how many posts you limit per day, no matter how many limitations you're going to enforce, users are still going to call Lucina hot. Because it's true; Lucina is hot.

Back