SwSh The most unfair max raid battle... help =(

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so i generally have had less and less problems with max raids in this game but there is one very mean 5* ive run into a few times and it sucks like major... clefable. some people think obstagoon is the worst max raid in the game but tbh ive found this one to be worse personally (and ive seen deviant braviary which is also annoying solo, barrier shatters and he has an automatic 4x attack in a 5* raid which obviously one shots the AI and possibly yours too unless you have a tanky pokemon or durable legendary who can safely take multiple hits). i know the obstagoon can be cheesed with a zem mode darmanitan (and so can many others) but i have no idea how to approach this dang clefable who just spams minimize and gets a 4x evade rate at the start of the battle. yes sure, i can dynamax but remember this only lasts for three turns. After that youre forced to spam something like smart strike that never misses. and because of the fact she is very easily spongy this just doesnt do enough damage. and worse is that i think her sp defense is even worse here if i recall correctly... gamefreak please tell how this is supposed to be a fair battle... this is so cheap i mean come on ;-;

anyone know what to do about this one? ive been stuck spamming smart strike after running out of dynamax and idk of any moves that would work. i know foresight and some other attacks reset this type of thing but remember, there are some things we literally cant do to dynamax pokemon in this game and i imagine it would be useless anytime the barriers are up which on any 5* is practically the whole fight which would render this useless... is there any way to cheese this trash raid? i legit find this worse than the obstagoon one (and dumber as well...)

• Informative
Reactions: AricAttack
No Guard, Eviolite, Doublade with Swords Dance and Iron Head should do the trick.

Reactions: Kadaj
No Guard, Eviolite, Doublade with Swords Dance and Iron Head should do the trick.
alright. i'll see what pokemon can have no guard... hopefully not just machamp, he will almost certainly get one shotted >.<

alright. i'll see what pokemon can have no guard... hopefully not just machamp, he will almost certainly get one shotted >.<
Doublade
Golurk (hidden ability)
Lycanroc (hidden ability)

If they ever add megas back, then Mega Pidgeot.

Reactions: Kadaj
Doublade
Golurk (hidden ability)
Lycanroc (hidden ability)

If they ever add megas back, then Mega Pidgeot.
i think i will aim for golurk, or the doublade is probably better. thanks for this ! =)

Reactions: Marc
Back