The name?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
why do you think Super Smash Bros. is named Super Smash Bros.? Is there some meaning behind it? I've always wondered this. xD

They're super, they smash and they're technically bros because they all come from Nintendo. :awesome:

Reactions: TheSuperKid, Mikaya, (deleted member) and 1 other person
Hahaha. To be honest, I've always wondered this too. But it makes for a cool title! xD

It's an iconic title that just sort of represents the game as a head to head "smashing" fight between friends ("bros") in an epic super way. I guess that's the obvious way to interpret the name, but I really can't think of anything else. I guess only Sakurai knows and he might even tell us why in a future interview.

I have no clue! ;D all of the reasons everyone has said makes sense though, they are super, they do smash, and they are bros ;P so yea, I guess you've gotten your answer! ;D but maybe we are all mistaken and there is a secret reason behind it.....? o_O

Super Mario Bros. -> Super Smash Bros.
That's how I've always seen it. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Nano and 423
^Because Mario is iconic hopefully Smash would be someday and it is! Smash because it is a term for violence or to hit or collide with something and that makes sense since Smash is colliding with opponents trying to push them off the area you are fighting.

^This.^

Also how I see it, and it has really become an icon in its own right

I'm not actually sure myself, but I'm pretty sure KalTurahk is right in the assumption Super Mario Bros --> Super Smash Bros. Because that makes sense.

Same.

I think that the name originates from the Superhero-like abilities that the character has, and the Smash is the part where they try to Smash each other of the map. the Bros is because all of these characters are Bros, and they will fight together.

Back