The new indie World showcase was amazing!!

• Thread starter Sunny_Meows
  • Start date
Sunny_Meows

Sunny_Meows

I like to what I want to do
Towns Folk
The indie World starts off with this game called "Hades"
Hades is a rogue-like hack-and-slash dungeon crawler from Supergiant Games (!) where you progress by dying. You die over and over again and improve your gear to try and escape the underworld. Looks interesting! Definitely picking it up when it goes on sale. I'm going to watch the Nintendo Power Podcast featuring an interview about the game later.

You can even cross-save with the PC version of the game! Wow!

The Internet: The Game. 90's edition! Hypnospace Outlaw

Set in the 1990s, you solve mysteries and hunt down vallains and hecckrs along the figurative streets of the internet. That also means flashy lights, messy UI, Random unwanted GIFs (is it pronounced Jiff or Giff???), and weird PNGs!!! Cute.

I'm very tempted to order it right now.

Hypnospace Outlaw for the Nintendo Switch is coming out on August 27
You can check out the demo for the game right now!!! Also available for pre-purchase.

Spiritfarer

In this game, you help spirits get to the afterlife. You can make new friends along the way and even decorate and costomize the boat you use to get there. But this isn't just a typical management game. You can explore new lands and play minigames! Neat.

Spiritfarer is out right now!!!

Garden Story

In this cute action-adventure game, you control a grape. But not just any old grape. This grape can explore islands, defeat enemies and help the local residents. Wonderful!

Garden Story releases on Nintendo Switch in 2021

Subnautica (!!) and Subnautica: Below Zero (!!!!)

Just in case you don't know what the smash-hit swimming game Subnautica is, it's a game about surviving in an unforgiving alien planet surrounded by water. and only water. (there may be land sometimes though) And you battle fierce creatures, collect resources, and figure out how your spaceship crashed. Scary.

The sequel, Subnautica: Below Zero is about surviving in an icy alien research station, with pretty much the same things to do as the first game. Don't freeze!

I'm definitely picking this up when it comes out

Both Subnautica and Subnautica: Below Zero release on Nintendo Switch in 2021

Takeshi and Hiroshi

As Takeshi, you create an RPG to entertain your younger brother Hiroshi, meaning you have to balance the dificulty, and adjust the gameplay experience so that your younger bro has fun. Cute.

Takeshi and Hiroshi is available right now.

Raji: An Ancient Epic

In yet another action-adventure game, you fight enemies an use mythological stuffs to save your younger brother.
This game looks cool and fun to play, as Raji is mainly based on ancient indian culture. The graphics are spectacular!

Raji: An Ancient Epic is available right now as a timed console exclusive for the Nintendo Switch

Bear & Breakfast

As Hank, you run a bed and breakfast in the woods. Help out customers and expand your business! Watch out for troublesome visitors in the woods! Did we mention that Hank is a bear?

Bear & Breakfast will launch as a timed console exclusive for the NIntendo Switch in 2021

A Short Hike

Choose your own path, and see where it leads you. Meet new friends, find hidden treasure, chill, and take in the beauty of nature at your own pace in this wonderful game. Cute! I might consider getting this one.

A Short Hike is availiable right now as a-- you guessed it-- a tied console exclusive for the Nintendo Switch

Gambling: The Game Card Shark

Set in the 18th Century, gamble your way through the rich people to make your way to the king in ta français Maison (did I say that right) in Card Shark.

Card Shark releases next year in 2021

Torchlight III

The sequel to uhhhh Torchlight II???? You can explore dungeons with friends, kill monsters and find stuff. Typical dungeon things. You have pets with different abilities as well to help you explore the dungeon.

Don't know about this one

Torchlight III releases this Fall

Manifold Garden

(What's a Manifold) Manifold Garden is an interesting puzzle game where you solve midboggling puzzles, where you can manipulate gravity, change perspective, and manipulate physics itself (can you normally do that? pretty sure you can). With a pleasant artstyle that reminds me of those umm little puzzle games on the DS idk what they're called. But I'm definitely picking it up when it launches in...

RIGHT NOW. BRUH. AAAAAAAAAAAA. WALLET = GONEEEEEEE :cry: :cry: :cry:
alright, i'll buy it at christmas time.

And finally, the last game in the showcase

Evergate

In another puzzle-platformer on a Nintendo Handheld, you control a spirit making their way in downtown afterlife. You're no ordinary spirit though, you can use soul powers or something (apparently they're called "soulflame powers") to create platforms and slow time and stuff. Boing boing

Evergate is available now!!

That's not all, though!

Honk! Honk! Multiplayer available in UNTITLED GOOSE GAME soon!!

There are two of them now! Ummm Pass a Joy-Con™ controller to a friend to team up as fellow Geese and cause mischief together!!
The update will release on September 23!!
Physical Edition of Untitled Goose Game also coming soon.

Reactions: Trazzers and Deepak
Soooooo hyped for all these upcoming indie releases as well!! I feel like it's a great selection of different game genres (some platforming, management sims, a couple action-adventures, etc.) so there's definitely something for everyone! :D

Personally, I'm most excited for Hades...though from the ones already available now, I think Spiritfarer takes the cake! ^^

Reactions: Sunny_Meows
Lots of great titles announced today. I’ve played some demos of a few and they’re solid. Some of them even releasing today was a great surprise as well. Seems like the devs must have had an agreement with Nintendo not to announce their release date or even list their games on the eshop until the direct aired. It’s a trade-off, and I hope it works out for them and these games are successful.

Reactions: Sunny_Meows
Hades I'll probably pick up. Not been able to get it on PC yet but it's a great roguelike from what I've been constantly hearing.

HYPNOSPACE??? AAAAAA YES. Well I know what game I'm buying next.

Spiritfarer worries me slightly, the demo that was on steam a while back was fantastic, but there was literally *just* a very closed beta for it and there's no way they have had time to put feedback from that into the game. Not to mention the devs are a bit...... weird.. But hey, the game looks great.

Subnautica will probably be that kinda game that I'll only really pick up if it's cheap physically. I have the first one on PC already, but it's a fun game.

Torchlight 3 is not good. If you want a good RPG dungeon crawler then go buy torchlight 2. 3 is very dumbed down, basic and people think it was supposed to be the mobile version but was changed last second.

Manifold garden looks.... Basic? I normally like weird lil puzzle games but this didn't really take my interest.

Untitled goose game having an update like that though sounds cool. Still never played it though :p

Hades I'll probably pick up. Not been able to get it on PC yet but it's a great roguelike from what I've been constantly hearing.

HYPNOSPACE??? AAAAAA YES. Well I know what game I'm buying next.

Spiritfarer worries me slightly, the demo that was on steam a while back was fantastic, but there was literally *just* a very closed beta for it and there's no way they have had time to put feedback from that into the game. Not to mention the devs are a bit...... weird.. But hey, the game looks great.

Subnautica will probably be that kinda game that I'll only really pick up if it's cheap physically. I have the first one on PC already, but it's a fun game.

Torchlight 3 is not good. If you want a good RPG dungeon crawler then go buy torchlight 2. 3 is very dumbed down, basic and people think it was supposed to be the mobile version but was changed last second.

Manifold garden looks.... Basic? I normally like weird lil puzzle games but this didn't really take my interest.

Untitled goose game having an update like that though sounds cool. Still never played it though :p
Now I know that I'm gonna buy Hypnospace Outlaw :p i'm going to try the demo that's out right now later and see if I really like it. Thanks @Sky :p

I do agree on your take on Spiritfarer, but from what I've heard, it's looking good. I'm probably gonna buy it sometime next year though.

About Subnautica, I think it's pretty fun and intense to gather resources and encounter scary monsters, and doing it portably would be great! And I'm still going to pick both Subnautica and Subnautica: Below Zero when they come out and nothing's goig to change that B)

imo Manifold Garden looks interesting based on the trailers I've seen. There are a ton of reviews about the game on PC, and they all claim that it's a "surreal masterpiece" so I'm definitely getting it around Christmas time or next year.

Untitled Goose Game Update is also interesting. A key part of the game was all about causing trouble and misfortune all around the town, and if doing it alone was fun enough, doing it with another person will feel even better and even more fun.

I have changed my mind about Takeshi and Hiroshi, I'm going to get it alongside Manifold Garden around Christmas Time as well. looks charming and cute imo.

Lots of great titles announced today. I’ve played some demos of a few and they’re solid. Some of them even releasing today was a great surprise as well. Seems like the devs must have had an agreement with Nintendo not to announce their release date or even list their games on the eshop until the direct aired. It’s a trade-off, and I hope it works out for them and these games are successful.
Agreed. Great games to pass the time with while waiting for Pikmin 3 Deluxe to release, along with other titles yet to be announced (IN THE NINTENDO DIRECT THAT'S GETTING ANNOUNCED THIS WEEK THAT IS. I'M SUPER CONFIDENT ABOUT IT.) Although, I suppose Animal Crossing: New Horizons already filled that purpose from March onwards. I haven't actually played Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and I haven't really played Paper Mario: The Origami King (I'm already getting spoilers too >. <) so I should probably get it soon. Just need to wait a bit to guarantee the 60 dollars I need to purchase the game :mad:

I'm
Soooooo hyped for all these upcoming indie releases as well!! I feel like it's a great selection of different game genres (some platforming, management sims, a couple action-adventures, etc.) so there's definitely something for everyone! :D

Personally, I'm most excited for Hades...though from the ones already available now, I think Spiritfarer takes the cake! ^^
I'm also excited for Hades! The gameplay looks good, and the concept and stuff going around it is interesting and looks fun. Might get it at Christmas time or next year, i mean, it's releasing at fall this year, so maybe I'll pick it up at launch. hmmmm

There's a ton of variety, and I agree with that too! My favorite from these ones has either got to be the Untitled Goose Game Update (i mean, co-op! TWO GEESE!!! LET"S GOOOOOO), the two Subnautica games, or Hypnospace Outlaw.

Back