The New Razer Phone

• Thread starter 28142
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
So, today Razer finally announces the new Razer Phone (yup, that's it's name xD) aka The 'Insane' Phone.

1.jpg
4.jpg

All this verison has is a green emblem on the back instead of a black one.
4.jpg

This limited edition one has no differences except for the logo on the back, but it only has 1337 copies available. (Yes, and I'm pretty sure Razer is fully aware of what that number is lol)

Specs:

(Runs on Android Oreo)

Display

5.7” Quad HD Display (1440x2560) IGZO LCD
120Hz Refresh – Wide Colour Gamut
Corning Gorilla Glass 3

Battery

Capacity: Non-removable 4,000 mAh
Qualcomm QuickCharge 4.0+ (0% to 85% in 1 hour)

Processor

Qualcomm MSM8998 (Snapdragon 835)

Camera

12MP AF F1.75 Wide
12MP AF F2.6 Zoom
Dual tone LED flash

Memory

Internal Memory (up to)
64GB
Expandable Memory (up to)
2TB Card Class 10

Wireless

WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz), WiFi Direct
Bluetooth 4.2
NFC

Sound

Stereo Front-facing speakers
Dual Amplifiers Audio Adapter with THX certified DAC

Memory

8GB RAM (LPDDR4, 1866MHz)

Dimension

158.5 x 77.7 x 8 mm.

As you can see, it's the best phone on the market currently in terms of specs. It's insanely powerful.

Now, because it's powerful and got all this new fancy technology, what's it's price? More expensive then the iPhone X at $1000? Well no, not at all. The price is only $699. Yup.

Now, because it's got this awesome screen and much higher capabilities, what about games? Current games cannot take advantage of it's tech. And that's why Razer is working with games companies to make special versions of games so that it can fully use the Razer Phone's capabilities. This includes Tekken (yes, THE Tekken), Final Fantasy XV and a MOBA that I really hate the look of personally, Arena Of Valor (It just looks like every mobile MOBA ever aka a direct rip off of DOTA 2 and LoL). Another game is a PUBG type game which just looks like all other PUBG clones that are on the mobile store. Many more games will be coming soon since there's loads more companies they're working with.

When the phone comes out, it will be coming out with the Razor Theme Store. This comes with multiple different themes that change the skin of the launcher, wallpaper and lock screen to whatever you choose. And of course, there is a toaster theme. All the themes on the store on release day will be free (for forever I believe) as a kind of thank you for buying the phone.

For buying it, in the US it's a Microsoft store exclusive and will be in stores on the 17th of November THIS YEAR. Yes, this phone will be coming out this month. It will also be sold on Razer's website and pre-orders start today, to be shipped on the 17th. In the EU it will be a Three store exclusive, pre-orders there start on the 3rd, shipping on the 17th.

I'm pretty sure I've covered everything important, I'll add anything if something comes up and I've remembered it. So, are any of you going to get this phone? What are your thoughts on it? I'm gonna try and get it myself since I need a new phone anyway, but it might be a little out of my price range :c

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc
I'm not a huge fan of squared corners on phones, to be honest. I used to have a Sony smartphone and it just bothered so much because it just didn't look as nice as phones with rounded corners. I'm sure some people will love this and get it but for me, it's a no. I rarely play any games and when I do, it's games that any decent phone can handle. I really don't need a phone that has been specifically built with gaming in mind. And then there's the price. You can get a pretty good phone for that price that is from a big phone manufacturer and not from a brand that has just made their first phone.

Back