SwSh the new trading system might be a problem now...

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
i really like pokemon sword and shield a lot, the story was ok, not the best thing ever (but was more exciting towards the end of the game however which was where it was best story wise) and the max raids are amazing, but theres something that might be a legitimate problem with the online... regular 'link trades'

its always been near impossible to communicate with random players on nintendo consoles but this is where its almost as bad possible. trying to do a regular trade with randoms is now all over place because you pick what you wanna hand out, the other person picks whatever, and then cancels because youre not giving something they want or the other way around and you cancel... this happens repeatedly and makes a decent trade nearly impossible, especially when you get randoms who want to troll sending you a 1st route crap pokemon or something else stupid. i tried to check my personal in game settings to see if i could write a profile message but it seems like we cant even do that... what are you thinking here game freak?

this is such a mess that i really might as well do surprise trade instead since theres no communication either way. and apart from all of this, it seems almost impossible for me to join other peoples max raids and for whatever reason i get the same error code every single time. this only happens with randoms and i was able to get a friend to join me and i pretty much gave up joining randoms because i get cut off every time i try to join making it a waste of time for me... fortunately im doing well enough solo that i can get away with not joining for now. but this trade mess is not good... yes we had trolls on GTS but of course we never actually have to give them what they want, so why punish everyone like this?

It was like that with GTS Negotiations back in Gen 5 but I'm not sure how different it is from then. Just keep trying different people I guess and they might part with their breedjects or Legends for shinies but if you see them give you bad mons you give them bad mons in return or leave. It's as simple as that. Don't go wasting your time if you got time to get it yourself.

Back