The new way to share games across consoles.

• Thread starter luigiFTW
  • Start date
luigiFTW

luigiFTW

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
Before the mose recent update, you had to go into the eshop and change your console to your primary console to play download games that you own. Now, any consoles that are not your primary console can partially access the game library, and it works a little like steam family sharing does.

First, you must be online, the games shut off after a few minutes if you get disconnected from wifi.

Second, this only works on the user that owns the game. So the other 7 people with users on the switch will have to use the user that owns the game.

Third, if the primary switch enters a game, you will be given a few minutes before getting kicked out of the game.

When you get kicked it will stay in sleep mode, so if you want to wait till it’s available again to continue, you can.

I thought for a little that Nintendo was removing game sharing across switches, but instead they made it better. Gonna go play my bro’s copy of Fast RMX now, happy gaming!

Reactions: Marc, Mikaya and Starry Windy
Is this the only way or is there other ways? Ive bein kinda reading posts bout game sharing but all different in steps.. Whats the best option? I know i added my friend as a family member since i purchased the family online sub

Is this the only way or is there other ways? Ive bein kinda reading posts bout game sharing but all different in steps.. Whats the best option? I know i added my friend as a family member since i purchased the family online sub
If you don’t plan on playing any of your download games the other option is to switch the primary console to your friends. If you do this though you will be the secondary

Back