The Nx is not a succesor to the wii u or wii

• Thread starter TheSpiritedWarrior
  • Start date
TheSpiritedWarrior

TheSpiritedWarrior

Never gives up a fight
Towns Folk
This will probably cause lot of outrage but personally, I have no clue how evreyone thought this is a home console. Literally, here is a quote from nintendo themselves: "As proof that Nintendo maintains strong enthusiasm for the dedicated game system business, let me confirm that Nintendo is currently developing a dedicated game platform with a brand-new concept under the development codename 'NX'. It is too early to elaborate on the details of this project, but we hope to share more information with you next year." Never have they mentioned it was a home console.

I know many people will say "because the wii u is selling like crap" or "the wii u is not doing well" but if that was the case, how come nintendo never mentioned anything about a home console? Also, details are coming next year, meaning that a 2016 release date is impossible anyways.

I think lots of people got it wrong. It has been confirmed already that it will not be a successor to the wii u "I can assure you we’re not building the next version of Wii or Wii U,” he said. “[NX] is something unique and different. It’s something where we have to move away from those platforms in order to make it something that will appeal.”

Apparently, nintendo wants to create something unique. This will not affect the 3ds, nor the wii u. Instead, it will be a unique device that may or may not make nintendo more recognizable. There has already been enough proof that the nx is not a home console.

Before anyone points to blue prints or the media, the media is fake. They grab peoples attention for the clicks, nothing they say is true. Those blueprints are also not proven by nintendo, it may be fake or be from another company.

Overall, nintendo may be done with home consoles, or will release another one in proper 9th gen. Whenever nintendo releases a brand new home console, it fails. Nintendo can not compete in specs sadly, and people these days only look towards sony or microsoft. So releasing another home console early will just prove masssive failure.

Perhaps when the ps4 and xb1 get their succesors, nintendo will try one more time. God knows. But for know, just know that there is no new home console coming anytime soon.

Whether it is a home console or not: frankly, I don't care lol. Whatever the NX is going to be, I will probably enjoy it. I try not to have sky-high expectations anymore when it comes to Nintendo and every little thing they do (not that I think lowly of them, no no; I simply don't want to have the feeling of disappointment when the expectation isn't met). Yeah, I can still envisage a possibility of Nintendo doing something, but that's just a hypothetical 'what if' rather than a full on expectation. I am on the same page as you concerning the release date of the NX. 2016 seems too early, even though the dev kits for the system already went out to developers. Nintendo only began working on the NX after the release of the Wii U, right? If so, then it's going to take a little while longer before people can get their impatient hands on the system. xP

Whether it is a home console or not: frankly, I don't care lol. Whatever the NX is going to be, I will probably enjoy it. I try not to have sky-high expectations anymore when it comes to Nintendo and every little thing they do (not that I think lowly of them, no no; I simply don't want to have the feeling of disappointment when the expectation isn't met). Yeah, I can still envisage a possibility of Nintendo doing something, but that's just a hypothetical 'what if' rather than a full on expectation. I am on the same page as you concerning the release date of the NX. 2016 seems too early, even though the dev kits for the system already went out to developers. Nintendo only began working on the NX after the release of the Wii U, right? If so, then it's going to take a little while longer before people can get their impatient hands on the system. xP
I mean, I have no problem with the nx. But I do not get why people are saying it is a home console even without any proof. That is kinda disturbing, how many people are thinking it is a home console. It might, but honestly, after nintendo said that quote, I stopped thinking that it was a home console.

I bet when E3 comes, I bet everyone will be dissapointed when it ends up being a mobile device, lol. The media seriously led evreyone to thinking something else which mind boggled me. It may be a home console, a handheld, or for all we know, a tv device. But until nintendo confirms, the nx really is a mystery. I guess we will have to wait and see until E3 2016.

I bet everyone will be dissapointed when it ends up being a mobile device, lol.
Well, Nintendo keeps emphasizing that it's going to be unique, so it might not solely be a mobile device, yet no one outside the brains of Nintendo knows for sure - which makes assuming things without solid, factual information to back you up that much more silly and to somewhat extent: foolish. xD

Well, Nintendo keeps emphasizing that it's going to be unique, so it might not solely be a mobile device, yet no one outside the brains of Nintendo knows for sure - which makes assuming things without solid, factual information to back you up that much more silly and to somewhat extent: foolish. xD
I have no idea xD. Nintendo is just too unpredictable, perhaps it is the virtual boy 2 with all new color? I would be up for headaches and trauma to my eyes again. There are times where I wished that I worked for nintendo so I can see what type of crazy things they are doing.

I have no idea xD. Nintendo is just too unpredictable, perhaps it is the virtual boy 2 with all new color? I would be up for headaches and trauma to my eyes again. There are times where I wished that I worked for nintendo so I can see what type of crazy things they are doing.
Virtual Boy 2 - I don't think they'd want to go down that route again lol. And ikr, even though working at Nintendo would mean being under a NDA, I would love to have some early insight as to what is going down at the Ninty Headquarters. :p

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior
Back