SwSh The OP 5* Gigantamax Drednaw troll

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so im post game in pokemon sword with at least 5 lv 100 pokemon and i tend to do solo max raids for the items and exp candies (hoping for bottle cap drops but these are rare from raids from what i can tell), and it took me some time to figure out the gigantamax snorlax which seems to be giving a lot of people problems on 5* max raids. but tbh i think i found a gigantamax raid thats a hundred times worse: drednaw.

Note: for this entire topic/ message i want to assume the target is a 5* max raid class since its too easy to wipe anything below 5* raid overall. 5* is always where things get harder especially solo due to double barriers that can total as high as 12 bars for the whole battle and some dangerous, broken move sets and combos that happen a lot more as well. some abilities are nasty but move combos and stats are much worse overall

so heres what generally happens when i try to solo a gigantamax dreadnaw on max level raids: he uses rock slide which can hit everyone relatively easily, as most who read this probably know the NPCs pokemon are weak to the point where several of them either instant kill here or survive with very little health, so this is easily one death on the first turn if the ai has salazzle, and another death later in the fight when she revives (2 almost guaranteed deaths which is half of what can be taken before failure). the first barrier is early and has 5 bars, and he also swords dance. if he uses swords dance even once all the AI's pokemon will be one shotted no matter what, and since rock slide hits all of them in a worst case scenario, being half down can mean a triple wipe in one hit! (seriously gamefreak?? why??). if the pokemon arent one shotted from rock slide im pretty sure the second hit on almost all of their possible pokemon is certain to finish them off.

The AI is very inconsistent, and their pokemon are really crap and several seem to have the most junk stats and moves possible. ok we dont expect them to be great but this is just total trash... the gigantamax drednaw has already high attack no matter what and one swords dance or probably like 5 rock slides here is pretty much one fail assuming most of the pokemon take the hit or worse all of them take the hit. i only managed to beat him solo once because they died a hundred thousand times before the first barrier was even fully depleted. im gonna hyper train some pokemon and hopefully that makes this more manageable since better stats means less room for this chaos but hes always too strong for them

So I looks through the WHOLE Pokedex and my failproof strat is for you to get a bulky Ferrothorn. Just don't get flinched in the process. If you have trouble maybe Grass Knot can do more damage. Rocky Helmet might be good if there are other attacks on it.

Reactions: Kadaj
So I looks through the WHOLE Pokedex and my failproof strat is for you to get a bulky Ferrothorn. Just don't get flinched in the process. If you have trouble maybe Grass Knot can do more damage. Rocky Helmet might be good if there are other attacks on it.
ahh thanks, im gonna train one up and do the hyper training with one soon! this is one of the only ones that has repeatedly given me problems because of the dang ai dying a lot with rock slide wipes (and probably bad stats on their pokemon more than likely which makes death even easier of course). can i make the digger guys get one randomly? they seem to give all kinds of things and ive gotten several bottle caps from them (though several or a few hours apart but better that than a BP headache imo), but i dont think they dropped a rocky helmet for me yet

Back