The Outer Worlds - A Sci-Fi RPG

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
The Outer Worlds is out but not on the Nintendo Switch. The game's Switch version release is next year, unfortunately.

It's supposed to be a single-player sci-fi RPG from Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division.

The Outer Worlds Trailer:

@Alex and @Sky have already been playing this game :eyes:

If you're playing the game already, what do you think? How do you feel the graphics will turn out on the Switch? Are you looking forward to playing the game on your Switch console?

Reactions: 28142 and Alex
So this game? This game is stupidly awesome.

I really don't see how it'll work on the switch though, and judging by all the delay I think they're struggling too.

The game is breathtakingly pretty. the worlds are unique and have their own personality. The part of the game I adore the most though is the interactions. The companions you can get are actual people, not just some 2d character who only does it's hired job. They join in with conversations, give more info and insight on things, they end up giving you new quests as well through those conversations. There's commands you can use to command the companions too during stealth/combat and they are very responsive.

But yeah, even on low settings the game on PC doesn't run at min specs. On the highest, it pushes my graphics card (a 1060, which is the recommended card) and probably only just manages to squeeze out a 60 fps. I don't see how this can be on the switch without losing the visual charm. Just look at witcher for example. Sure that's on the switch, but can you really call that "running" on the switch?

I didn't even know about a Switch release!
As happy I can be, I share the same doubts with @Sky and wonder how the port will be butchered to run on Switch.

Reactions: 28142
Yeah, the game is pretty sick. If anyone here has ever played games like Fallout: New Vegas or KOTOR, they'll fit right in here. The choice-driven story is amazing, the visuals are gorgerous, the gameplay mechanics build on New Vegas in all the best ways and the world map, which I initially worried wouldn't be big enough, is definitely big enough.

With regards to Switch, like Sky said, I don't think this game is going to be optimal for the Switch.

The only way I can see it working is if it gets downgraded.

The Outer Worlds is out but not on the Nintendo Switch. The game's Switch version release is next year, unfortunately.

It's supposed to be a single-player sci-fi RPG from Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division.

The Outer Worlds Trailer:

@Alex and @Sky have already been playing this game :eyes:

If you're playing the game already, what do you think? How do you feel the graphics will turn out on the Switch? Are you looking forward to playing the game on your Switch console?
This game has the same aesthetic as Fallout (not a bad thing though)

It comes from the same people who developed Fallout New Vegas, KotOR II, Pillars of Eternity and many more. <3

• Informative
Reactions: Alex, 28142 and Jisenku
This game has the same aesthetic as Fallout (not a bad thing though)

It is. It's if you took fallout new vegas and just made it a ton better, much better setting, better characters, fantastic dialogue and everything is just heavily improved on.

That's the exact reason why I am really hyped for this game. :3
I love New Vegas!

@Sky @Alex is it true that the game is pretty short? On Howlongtobeat it's said that it takes around 10 hours for the main plot and 30 for completionism, whereas for New Vegas it puts something like 30 and 130.

That's the exact reason why I am really hyped for this game. :3
I love New Vegas!

@Sky @Alex is it true that the game is pretty short? On Howlongtobeat it's said that it takes around 10 hours for the main plot and 30 for completionism, whereas for New Vegas it puts something like 30 and 130.
If you stormed the main quest, you could probably do it in 10 hours, with 30-40 for the lot, so that sounds about right, yeah. Doesn't feel like too much of an issue in my eyes since it has a high replayability value and has a lot of content smushed into that 30 hours, unlike in games like Skyrim or New Vegas where there is a lot of nothingness to fill it in.

If you stormed the main quest, you could probably do it in 10 hours, with 30-40 for the lot, so that sounds about right, yeah. Doesn't feel like too much of an issue in my eyes since it has a high replayability value and has a lot of content smushed into that 30 hours, unlike in games like Skyrim or New Vegas where there is a lot of nothingness to fill it in.
That's great to hear!
To me, this is the ideal length.

Nowadays, with less time for gaming at my disposal, I prefer titles that last 10-20 hours of meaningful content than a 100 hours chore.

Reactions: Alex
Yeah the world is huge, and if you take your time with it, you'll get a good amount from it. There's the Supernova mode which is the like, hardcore mode. companions have permadeath, you have thirst, hunger and sleep bars, you can only sleep and save at your ship and all kinds of stuff to make it much more difficult. The game can be as short or as long as you want it to be tbh

Back