RMT / Team Help The Perfect Pokémon Team

• Thread starter luxray6490
  • Start date
luxray6490

luxray6490

Divergent
Towns Folk
I'm taking the Pokémon league challenge like a lot of others and finding it dead hard!

I've been researching for weeks now and still can't perfect a team to take down those pesky gym leaders!

I need help in creating a team to destroy those teams and get those badges and I need your help!
All my Pokémon have 5iv's, are ev trained and have good move sets and all new additions will as well.
So here's my team at the moment;

Greninja -
special sweeper
252 spd, 252 spatt, 4 hp -
uturn,
extrasensory,
surf,
ice beam
protean
Timid
No item

Heracross -
sweeper
252 att, 252 spd, 4 hp
close combat,
megahorn,
stone edge
sword dance
Guts
Adamant
No item

Gengar -
tank destroyer
252 spatt, 252 spd, 4hp
destiny bond,
mean look,
Dark pulse,
shadow ball
levitate
Timid
No item

Rotom heat -
filler
252 spatt, 252 def, 4 spdef
thunder wave,
hex,
over-heat
thunder
levitate
Modest
No item

Shuckle -
wall
252 def, 252 spdef, 4 hp
toxic,
rest,
flash
protect
Sturdy
Sassy
leftovers

Metagross -
tank
252 spatt, 252 def, 4 spdef
Sludge bomb,
hammer arm,
meteor mash
earthquake
Clear body
Quiet
No item

I have had thought on a new team in
mind which will include;
Greninja -
special sweeper
252 spd, 252 spatt, 4 hp -
uturn,
Dark pulse,
surf,
ice beam.
protean
Timid
Lucky punch

Gengar -
tank destroyer
252 spatt, 252 spd, 4hp
destiny bond,
mean look,
Sludge wave,
Focus blast.
levitate
Timid
Focus sash

Magnezone -
Spatt tank
252 spatt, 252 spdef, 4 def
Thunder,
Flash cannon,
Explosion,
Tri attack. (Maybe)
Magnet pull
Modest
Assault vest

Tyranitar -
Tank
252 att, 252 def, 4 spdef
Earthquake,
Stone edge,
Crunch/payback
Dragon claw
Sand stream
Adamant
Tyranitarite

Aerodactyl
Sweeper
252 spd, 252 att, 4 hp
Sky attack,
Stealth rock,
Aqua tail,
Earthquake. (Didn't use a rock move as no good ones in move pool)
Tough claws/pressure
Adamant
Aerodactylite

6th pokemon ???
Also I know I've added two MEGA's but I don't know which I'll need during a battle.

Help pick my 6th pokemon
Please help!
Also if you've won the league/beaten a lot of gym leader please contribute your current team! It would mean a lot for not only but me others who are in the same diadema!
Thanks a lot guys!

Last edited:
Would you please format each Pokemon's moveset below, so the team could be rated better.

Pokemon @ Item
Ability
EVs: 252 Stat, 252 Stat, 4 Stat
Nature
- Move
- Move
- Move
- Move

Anyways, your team is decent I guess. I can't say much, since there is not much info. We need more information so your team could be rated better.

Would you please format each Pokemon's moveset below, so the team could be rated better.

Pokemon @ Item
Ability
EVs: 252 Stat, 252 Stat, 4 Stat
Nature
- Move
- Move
- Move
- Move

Anyways, your team is decent I guess. I can't say much, since there is not much info. We need more information so your team could be rated better.
Okay done updating have a little read and tell me your thoughts! Also I don't have items on some, can't remember nature as my 3ds is out of battery and I don't know a few abilities so I done my best

The team is pretty good at the moment, although, it still could be improved. Here are a few minor suggestions:
  1. Greninja should replace Dark Pulse over Extrasensory, so you can offer more coverage.
  2. Dunno if this is your Mega. If it was, I'd expect you to take advantage of the "Skill Link" ability. Anyways, replace Stone Edge or Swords Dance with Earthquake. I'd replace Stone Edge.
  3. Dunno if this is your Mega either, because you have Mean Look for a move, and Mega Gengar has an ability the same thing as that. Anyways, replace Dark Pulse with Sludge Wave, so you can have a powerful STAB.
  4. On Rotom-Heat, replace Thunder Wave with Volt Switch, replace Hex with Will-oWisp, and replace Thunder with Confuse Ray or Pain Split.
  5. Shuckle should have Sticky Web. Replace Flash with it.
  6. Replace Hammer Arm with Bullet Punch, and Sludge. Bomb with Zen Headbutt.
Also, I would still like you to format each Pokemon like above (sorry for being picky). The team is pretty hard to read. You didn't include the Items, EVS, or nature. Even if you don't remember what they had, at least try to remember. Your team can't really be rated without the Item, Ability, EVs, Nature, or Moves.

The team is pretty good at the moment, although, it still could be improved. Here are a few minor suggestions:
  1. Greninja should replace Dark Pulse over Extrasensory, so you can offer more coverage.
  2. Dunno if this is your Mega. If it was, I'd expect you to take advantage of the "Skill Link" ability. Anyways, replace Stone Edge or Swords Dance with Earthquake. I'd replace Stone Edge.
  3. Dunno if this is your Mega either, because you have Mean Look for a move, and Mega Gengar has an ability the same thing as that. Anyways, replace Dark Pulse with Sludge Wave, so you can have a powerful STAB.
  4. On Rotom-Heat, replace Thunder Wave with Volt Switch, replace Hex with Will-oWisp, and replace Thunder with Confuse Ray or Pain Split.
  5. Shuckle should have Sticky Web. Replace Flash with it.
  6. Replace Hammer Arm with Bullet Punch, and Sludge. Bomb with Zen Headbutt.
Also, I would still like you to format each Pokemon like above (sorry for being picky). The team is pretty hard to read. You didn't include the Items, EVS, or nature. Even if you don't remember what they had, at least try to remember. Your team can't really be rated without the Item, Ability, EVs, Nature, or Moves.
I think I've done it all, also what do you think of the other team that I want to make. I think that'll be better cause they all have "jobs" and are great in different areas.

I think I've done it all, also what do you think of the other team that I want to make. I think that'll be better cause they all have "jobs" and are great in different areas.
Now that I've seen all the info I need to see, I'll say the team is pretty good. Although, like I said, this could be better. Also, about your other team...this team seems better. Like I said again, I can't really rate a team unless all the info is given. So basically, plan a team out with Greninja, Gengar, Mega Aerodactyl, Tyranitar, Magnezone, and another Pokemon. Then I'll compare the teams together. Also, I'll give a full rate of this team later. I'm not a pro competitive player, but I'm pretty advanced, and I can improve this team.

Now that I've seen all the info I need to see, I'll say the team is pretty good. Although, like I said, this could be better. Also, about your other team...this team seems better. Like I said again, I can't really rate a team unless all the info is given. So basically, plan a team out with Greninja, Gengar, Mega Aerodactyl, Tyranitar, Magnezone, and another Pokemon. Then I'll compare the teams together. Also, I'll give a full rate of this team later. I'm not a pro competitive player, but I'm pretty advanced, and I can improve this team.
Okay done

Give your Aeridactyl Taunt, you always want a speedy taunt to throw off your opponent. Also, give it Stone Edge for STAB and Roost for recovery.

Replace Gengar, it's really not much use without its Mega. I'd say replace it with Aegislash if you want a ghost in the team.

Give Tyranitar an Assault Vest, which will boost its Sp.Def. for move give it Pursuit/Crunch/Stone Edge/Fire Blast ( to deal with Scizor, Ferrothorn, etc)

Give the Greninja a Life Orb and replace U-turn with Shadow Sneak ( it comes in handy against Mach Punchers) but you can also keep U-turn if you like. Scald is better than Surf because of the effect.

Also, Magnezone isn't that useful. Replace it with Ferrothorn. Set-up entry hazards to gain an advantage. Or you can use Excadrill for Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin both. You can also use Heatran with Stealth Rock.

For your 6th Pokemon, go with a good Special Attacker, I'd suggest Latias/Latios.

These are just suggestions tweak them until you find what works best for you.

Reactions: luxray6490
Back