The perfect videogame...

• Thread starter Farhaan Raja
  • Start date
Farhaan Raja

Farhaan Raja

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Something I've been thinking about... is there a perfect videogame?
A game that does it's genre so well that it has no flaws....

Some say Chrono Trigger is the perfect RPG due to the story, the fact that your decisions matter, the fact that the levelling system is so perfect that there's never a need to gring XP...

Some say Super Metroid is the perfect.... metroidvania for it's world, mechanics and exploration...

But what does everybody else think? I only listed two examples, because those are two games that are really, really good if not perfect.

Problem is is that there is always going to be flaws in games, and not everyone is going to love a single game. So this is really based on opinions. My perfect video game in general would be The Black Watchmen on PC, but in terms of Nintendo.... I think I would have to go with the Layton series (none of the spinoffs though like the latest game with his daughter...)

I love the Layton franchise a lot for many reasons, the stories are rally well made with lots of twists and moving tales, the art style is beautiful especially during the cut-scenes (I adore the art style in the cut-scenes <3) and of course the puzzles. Sure there's issues with some of the games like with the story isn't as good as it could be, or maybe the puzzles are bit too easy. But I can overlook them and say that the Layton games are my perfect games.

Reactions: Farhaan Raja
Something I've been thinking about... is there a perfect videogame?
A game that does it's genre so well that it has no flaws....

Some say Chrono Trigger is the perfect RPG due to the story, the fact that your decisions matter, the fact that the levelling system is so perfect that there's never a need to gring XP...

Some say Super Metroid is the perfect.... metroidvania for it's world, mechanics and exploration...

But what does everybody else think? I only listed two examples, because those are two games that are really, really good if not perfect.
I don't believe there is a perfect game. Gaming is like an art form, and that means it's going to be subjective. No way everyone will be able to agree on a perfect game. That's why I think no game will ever be a 100/100 in my opinion. 99/100 would be the max I could score a game in good faith...

Reactions: Farhaan Raja and 28142
I duno, FF7 could really give Chrono Trigger a run for its money. Hell, I'd say it's even better than the likes of OoT.

I also think the word "perfect" here is a bit too subjective. One person's flawed game could be another's perfect game.

Mother 3, Joy Mech Fight, and Pokémon XD come to mind. Mother 3 tells it's story like a book and there's different points of view and weaknesses to most bosses that you can exploit because your dog can sniff em out. Pokémon XD because there's freedom to choose the Eevee evolution you want and the game is so long you end up with level 60 mons near the end and the characters have personality you can see and humor or essence in the music you can feel when you battle. Joy Mech fight is a fighting game with easy to memorize specials and a huge unlockable roster for such an old game.

Those are perfect to me and not too many bugs either before patches have been made.

I think Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time Is a perfect game Because it has a story and after there are future timelines that can lead to majora's mask And Twilight princess And etc.

Nah, I don’t think there’s a truly perfect game out there. A ton of them are incredibly talented and amazing, but not perfect. There’s always at least one flaw or problem, but that’s normal. Plus, not everyone will like a “perfect game”. There will always be haters, thus making it a non perfect game, yknow?

Back