The Pokemon Company is looking for leakers

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
About time they started doing this.

Word just got in that The Pokemon Company is on the hunt for the leakers who leaked the game ahead of its launch. They have filed a tentative lawsuit while they seek the original source of the leak out.

A firm involved with the case said the leak caused "irreparable injury" to the Pokemon Company.

They've found 4 Discord users as leakers as of writing this. They're going to send out subpoenas to Discord and 4Chan to get the identities of these people and I guess the rest will be handled in court.

It doesn't look good for these people but I guess they're going to get what they deserve.

Reactions: P2.0
Finally. I was getting tired of having stuff ruined, I like being surprised. :'D

You stop it once, and multiple more crop up in it's place. Heck, just look at how nintendo tried to stop roms/ISOs of their games online. You can't ever stop this stuff really.

You stop it once, and multiple more crop up in it's place. Heck, just look at how nintendo tried to stop roms/ISOs of their games online. You can't ever stop this stuff really.
No one really wants to deal with a lawsuit against them. Even if you win, you lose because of the lawyer fees.

No one really wants to deal with a lawsuit against them. Even if you win, you lose because of the lawyer fees.

ofc, but nintendo can't stop everyone at once. Just look at the cracking scenes for example. Companies have been trying to stop them for years and years and years. But they're just as strong as ever.

ofc, but nintendo can't stop everyone at once. Just look at the cracking scenes for example. Companies have been trying to stop them for years and years and years. But they're just as strong as ever.
You can't go after everyone but you can discourage the normal people who think nothing will happen if they do it.

You can't go after everyone but you can discourage the normal people who think nothing will happen if they do it.

I don't think anyone who's smart enough to do this kind of stuff is going to be dumb enough to think there's no risk/consequence.

I don't think anyone who's smart enough to do this kind of stuff is going to be dumb enough to think there's no risk/consequence.
Maybe.. some people will make it difficult to identity themselves so even if you wanted to do something, you couldn't.

Maybe.. some people will make it difficult to identity themselves so even if you wanted to do something, you couldn't.

There's almost always ways to find out who someone is online.

If the game was good I would have to be on the Company's side, but since they didn't hold their end of the deal, then I say why does it matter? How is it hurting anyone?

If the game was good I would have to be on the Company's side, but since they didn't hold their end of the deal, then I say why does it matter? How is it hurting anyone?
That is a matter of opinion, as far as the game being good, I thoroughly enjoyed this new entry and its the first Pokemon game that my wife has played all the way though and completed the pokedex with me. However even if it didnt do well as a game it is still the property of the company that made it. I consider it the same as you having a great joke and someone else telling hte punch line before you can. This is just my opinion though.

¿why when the leaks make people more hyped, nothing happends, but when the leaks convince some people to not buy the game then this happens? ,what a mistery

Welp wasn’t worth it for them now ‍♂️

Okay true sometimes the leaks make people more excited for the game but sometimes it also hurts sales if like for example people thought that the new pokemon models would be in the game but then they arent and the feel like the company lied to them. Then the people dont trust the company and decide to never buy from them again or something but like I said these are all just my opinions and I could be wrong and if I am then I am sorry.

Back