Mario Maker the real most annoying kinds of levels to play in mario maker 1&2

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
everyone has their own definition of what a "bad level" is (for the most part its opinion minus some obvious lazy silliness such as wasteful cheese routes on an otherwise good troll level and such) in mario maker, but since we all like something and then just absolutely hate something else in both games i thought it would be interesting topic

in my case, the worst kinds of levels are these:

cosmetic MP3's on every possible pixel this is by far the absolute dumbest thing in the whole game. seriously, this is more annoying than getting trolled. theres cosmetics in game for every sound effect triggered, and this makes it pretty much impossible to concentrate or see anything when theyre placed on every possible pixel the player can touch. not to mention it makes you want to mute your game after like 30 seconds of this pointless trash. oh wait thats right, even if i mute my game i still have to look at all this junk--yay!

hording so some of you probably saw me say this, but for those who havent well hording isnt very pleasant in this game either. i personally hate the MP3 spam over this one, but when you have so many enemies bunched up in too small of space it can be pretty annoying trying to get past it (and sometimes flat out impossible) without losing an important power up, a billion deaths in worst cases... and then maybe without being driven nuts if the maker decided to ultra horde very bad enemy mixtures all over the level. seriously, im not great at puzzles, but even i say a puzzle level is more interesting than junk like this that an 8 year old kid could think of

so, what do you think is the most annoying kind of levels to encounter?

Doors. Over use of them to be exact. So many that the map becomes a Twine story and in the end there's always that hidden flagpole or hidden dev door to get to the finish potentially with a common theme of sending you in an endless loop. Also levels with a lot of Thwomps/scrolling to death or a short time limit. Then again the stupid easy levels give you no challenge at all and are practically a time waster themselves.

The most annoying levels are like the ones that are impossible and you have to find a dumb secret block or something to finish the level. I hate those. I like levels with like creativity and thought put into it. I'm not as good as these pro mario players that can beat stages with great intensity. I'm more of a casual/normal players so hard levels aren't my forte. I'd still play a hard level if it is genuinely possible to beat and is not based around a secret block to take me to the end of the level.

Back