Ultimate The reality of waluigi as smash DLC

• Thread starter Deepak
  • Start date
Deepak

Deepak

Professional procrastinator
Towns Folk
WAAAAAHHHH

So im sure all of you know the terrible fate of waluigi. He is one of the first party characters that didnt get in smash (tho its confusing as to why since wario got in). There are many memes and im sure hundreds of people send emails to sakurai for waluigi. But will it ever come true?
Well the thing is, we cant be sure. He's already an assist trophy which leads many people to think that theres no way he will come back. But nintendo could potentially remove the waluigi assist trophy to add the character in the game. And since they removed content thats available for free, they might add waluigi as a FREE character. Making him paid dlc and removing the assist trophy would receive some backlash.
OR they could just leave the assist trophy in the game and add waluigi anyway. It doesnt make sense, but then again, its not supposed to make sense. This would be similar to the situation where chrom is a playable character but he is still a part of robin's final smash.
Also, there are 6 fighters in the second fighter pass this time instead of 5. The 6th one could possibly be waluigi.
All these show as to how he could be added but theres also a problem. Waluigi has always been a small side character. So what would his stage be? And what about the music? And the spirits? These would all be hard to factor in.
Unless they choose to go the piranha plant route where they just add the character without any stage and music. So there are a lot of possibilities and we can just hope for the best. What do you think is likely?

I mean the way the 2nd Fighter Pass was presented you'd think he would be considered in the game but that being said it wouldn't add much to Smash since he's just another Mario character. Maybe an echo of another character the way Ganondorf was introduced in Melee in a free update just like Small Battlefield. I think it's unlikely considering the purpose most characters have to be in Smash.

Reactions: Deepak
WAAAAAHHHH

So im sure all of you know the terrible fate of waluigi. He is one of the first party characters that didnt get in smash (tho its confusing as to why since wario got in). There are many memes and im sure hundreds of people send emails to sakurai for waluigi. But will it ever come true?
Well the thing is, we cant be sure. He's already an assist trophy which leads many people to think that theres no way he will come back. But nintendo could potentially remove the waluigi assist trophy to add the character in the game. And since they removed content thats available for free, they might add waluigi as a FREE character. Making him paid dlc and removing the assist trophy would receive some backlash.
OR they could just leave the assist trophy in the game and add waluigi anyway. It doesnt make sense, but then again, its not supposed to make sense. This would be similar to the situation where chrom is a playable character but he is still a part of robin's final smash.
Also, there are 6 fighters in the second fighter pass this time instead of 5. The 6th one could possibly be waluigi.
All these show as to how he could be added but theres also a problem. Waluigi has always been a small side character. So what would his stage be? And what about the music? And the spirits? These would all be hard to factor in.
Unless they choose to go the piranha plant route where they just add the character without any stage and music. So there are a lot of possibilities and we can just hope for the best. What do you think is likely?
I feel like he would make sense as a Mario spin-off rep, but we already have tons of Mario characters who can do the same stuff as Waluigi in the mario spinoff games (for example, Mario). If he were to get in, he would heavily rely on his appearances in Mario Tennis, Mario Party, Mario Kart, and other Mario sports games, so I don't see him getting in unless we get a Waluigi franchise (WaluigiWare????) in the future. Or if tons and tons and tons of fans really REALLY like him and wants him to get in sooooo bad. I mean, you can get more material and references and actual combat moves by adding Bandana Waddle Dee! ADD BANDANA WADDLE DEE IN THE GAME PLEASE. I'M BEGGING YOU :cry: :cry: :cry: . It's possible, but not very likely, although part of me wants to see how they'll add him in. Part of being a game developer is being limited to what you have, and in this case, he needs moves. I guess he can recycle some moves, like using Terry Bogard's Up Aerial for Waluigi's Up Aerial, but where's the fun in that? I bet his final smash would be like Captain Falcon, where he runs you over with a standard kart/bike from the mario kart series of games. It's very fun and interesting to think about it!

I would think he’d work better as a costume of Luigi or something. He wouldn’t have any defining moves of his own, so he would just use the same moves as Luigi.

I don’t really know why Nintendo would have such a hard time implementing something like that. It seems simple enough. I remember having custom costumes in Brawl, and that was a cinch to set up.

Honestly, after all the hate and harassment Sakurai has received (he went so far as to make an announcement telling people to STOP asking him to put in Waluigi, IN ENGLISH), I don't think it'll ever happen.

Also, he's just not a great candidate overall. There's nothing inherently special about him; the only original thing about him is that he had his own board/island in Mario Party 3.

Wario is on the roster because he has his own series, Wario Ware, and is drastically different in personality compared to other Mario characters.

Waluigi has no lore, is only the antithesis of Luigi, is an assist trophy anyway, and has almost nothing to work with.

Back