The Switch Joy-Cons work with the NES Mini

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
To be honest, I'd much rather use the good ol' NES controller to play these classics ;u;

If you want to accomplish this task, you can fork out $16.99 US on Amazon for a Retro Receiver from 8Bitdo. Once you've updated your retro receiver to firmware v1.05, you can plug it in and play on your NES Mini using the Nintendo Switch's joy-cons.

gsjUTIu.jpg

Would you purchase something like this just to play your NES Mini games using the Joy-con?

I like that there are more controller options though, price tags aside.

Reactions: 18 and Tri-force64
yeah

It's pretty expensive, but I had heard some complaints about controller cord length and this would seemingly solve that. Honestly though, it seems like way to much money for such a simple little things when I feel like a regular NES controller would work better, especially since it has a real D-pad.

Reactions: 18
You have girlish hands I've noticed. (Do you use a sort of conditioner?) Also, this is an interesting revelation. (The Joy-con with the mini NES I mean.)

That is really cool but also really misses the point of the mini-NES. The whole idea is the nostalgic feeling. Where's teh nostalgia in using a joy-con.

Reactions: Mr. Kream
That is really cool but also really misses the point of the mini-NES. The whole idea is the nostalgic feeling. Where's teh nostalgia in using a joy-con.
I guess you could say there is no 'joy' in it :p

Reactions: PersonSP
Eh...

Maybe if you didn't need a bluetooth receiver. Would be a nice alternative to the short cord the NES Mini comes with but that that point you might as well buy an extension cord.

That's actually pretty neat. I have seen people connect their joycons to their 3ds as well as their PC. What surprises me how the joycons can connect to all these with ease and not the console it was made for. -.-

Back