The topic about Ps4 and Xbox One.

• Thread starter RehBeh
  • Start date
RehBeh

RehBeh

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
Ps4 and Xbox One.jpg Everyone here loves Nintendo consoles, but what about the competition? Here you can discuss everything about Sony's Ps4 and Microsoft's Xbox One! Do you have any of them? Maybe both? Will you buy one of them? What games do you found interesting? You can write anything you want about them!

Last edited:
I got the Xbox One recently. So far I have been loving it.

Reactions: RehBeh and Magik
I personally think both are useless.
Note: I didn't say "in our societies, it is useless to buy one". I said "a society where they don't exist would be better than ours".

Why ? Because PC. Please stay, I won't say "PC master race". If I cared that much about graphics, I wouldn't have bought a 3DS.

Seriously, every game that runs on a console can be run on a PC. Note: I didn't say "can be bought". Every game is developped on a PC, then adjusted to run on a console so it can theoretically run on a PC. So why are there console exclusives ? To give consoles a reason to exist, that's all. Uncharted and Halo are just here to make you choose between PS4 and Xbox One. GTA V is just (not) here to make you choose something else than a PC you already have, it's meant to make you buy a console. So yeah, if there was no Xbox and no PS, every game would just be out on PC and you wouldn't have to choose between Xbox and PS.

Plus, I can understand Uncharted on PS. But Halo on Xbox ? Seriously ? An FPS on a console ? I can't find any link but I recall reading something about Microsoft unifying servers for an Xbox/PC game a while back, and Xbox people asked them if they could revert the changes because they weren't able to play against PC people... saying themselves that their machines were less adapted to the game they were playing than a PC.

And the worst about the two consoles we are talking about here is that they are the most useless out of the three consoles on the market. Because the Wii U at least plays the "Exclusive game" card all the time, not just for a few games. Plus the fact it's far cheaper.

I bought a DualShock 4 though, for my PC. For oral presentations and for when someone comes home to play Melee (yeah, on my laptop (and playing with an emulator doesn't mean I am a pirate, I doesn't prevent me from buying the game)) without a controller (not better than a GameCube controller but that's why you should come with your controller).
Proof once again that they are useless since even what makes them different from a PC (controllers) can be used on a PC...

And for those who are going to say that my screen is smaller than a TV screen, notice that I can plug a TV screen on my PC whenever I want. I actually did that a few times when going to a friend's. I brought my PC and plugged it to his TV so we could play Melee... in 1080p.

Actually, there might be one little more reason to the existence of Xbox and PS: pirating. Because that's a lot easier to pirate stuff on a PC than on a console. But if people are ready to buy all their games on a console PLUS buy a console for more than 500€, I think that they won't do pirate stuff. You'd probably get only the same amount of pirates that you currently have, not less but not more.

Reactions: Magik
I'd buy the PS4 for the Infamous series and the Xbox One, because....
But I'm not going to get either for a while.

Reactions: RehBeh
I personally think both are useless.
Note: I didn't say "in our societies, it is useless to buy one". I said "a society where they don't exist would be better than ours".

Why ? Because PC. Please stay, I won't say "PC master race". If I cared that much about graphics, I wouldn't have bought a 3DS.

Seriously, every game that runs on a console can be run on a PC. Note: I didn't say "can be bought". Every game is developped on a PC, then adjusted to run on a console so it can theoretically run on a PC. So why are there console exclusives ? To give consoles a reason to exist, that's all. Uncharted and Halo are just here to make you choose between PS4 and Xbox One. GTA V is just (not) here to make you choose something else than a PC you already have, it's meant to make you buy a console. So yeah, if there was no Xbox and no PS, every game would just be out on PC and you wouldn't have to choose between Xbox and PS.

Plus, I can understand Uncharted on PS. But Halo on Xbox ? Seriously ? An FPS on a console ? I can't find any link but I recall reading something about Microsoft unifying servers for an Xbox/PC game a while back, and Xbox people asked them if they could revert the changes because they weren't able to play against PC people... saying themselves that their machines were less adapted to the game they were playing than a PC.

And the worst about the two consoles we are talking about here is that they are the most useless out of the three consoles on the market. Because the Wii U at least plays the "Exclusive game" card all the time, not just for a few games. Plus the fact it's far cheaper.

I bought a DualShock 4 though, for my PC. For oral presentations and for when someone comes home to play Melee (yeah, on my laptop (and playing with an emulator doesn't mean I am a pirate, I doesn't prevent me from buying the game)) without a controller (not better than a GameCube controller but that's why you should come with your controller).
Proof once again that they are useless since even what makes them different from a PC (controllers) can be used on a PC...

And for those who are going to say that my screen is smaller than a TV screen, notice that I can plug a TV screen on my PC whenever I want. I actually did that a few times when going to a friend's. I brought my PC and plugged it to his TV so we could play Melee... in 1080p.

Actually, there might be one little more reason to the existence of Xbox and PS: pirating. Because that's a lot easier to pirate stuff on a PC than on a console. But if people are ready to buy all their games on a console PLUS buy a console for more than 500€, I think that they won't do pirate stuff. You'd probably get only the same amount of pirates that you currently have, not less but not more.

You did make fair points and i respect you're opinion. But many people choose consoles instead of PC because it's the traditional way to play video games. A good thing about the consoles is that you don't need to upgrade their hardware to play a game. You get the console and that's it. A minus about theme is the price of the video games. 60 bucks a video game? That 's overpriced. In PC the discs are cheaper and you have Steam. Of course PC's are way stronger machines but like you said people doesn't buy consoles about graphics, but because they like to play in a console. That may sound stupid but many bought a console because it's a console. Also keep in mind that not everyone have's a good PC to run games, most people used for their work or to surf on Internet. Anyway thanks for you're long and well structured post.

Yeah, I didn't mention the traditional part because I thought my post was long enough already :p
And indeed, I understand why consoles were created. Indeed PCs were expensive, not everyone had one so buying a console was a good solution.

But where you are wrong is that you don't need a powerful PC to play games. OK, you'll obviously have better results with a $2000 PC, but $500 are really enough to get really decent results. Proof, I play Assassin's Creed Black Flag on one of my laptop running on battery. OK, it wasn't cheap but it is still a laptop. But I play Melee on another laptop, a Vaio T11. Check on the internet, no one would classify it as powerful but it still plays Melee in an emu (and emus are kind of resource intensive). So I guess people only think that their PC can run a game, even though it can.

Plus, everytime you get a new console (PS1→PS2→PS3→PS4) you upgraded your hardware in some way, and you could either have upgraded your PC a little instead or even bought a new one since as you said, you saved money from buying games for cheaper on Steam for example.

And I respect other opinions too, my post started with "I personally think", not "here's the truth" ^^

Meanwhile my PC the only games it can play decently is GTA San Andreas and some Ps2 Emulator games.:(

For the part about getting a new console the only difference is that you buy a new one 4-5 years but you must upgrade you're PC in 1 or 2 years. For the part about the respect of other opinion i didn't mean that you did not respect other opinions, i just found it nice that you wrote a whole paragraph to express you're opinion. Sorry if i offend you in any way:(

Last edited:
For the part about the respect of other opinion i didn't mean that you did not respect other opinions, i just found it nice that you wrote a whole paragraph to express you're opinion. Sorry if i offend you in any way:(
Oh don't worry, I was not offended at all ^^
I just specified this too because my post is long and annoying so some might be thinking I am absolutely serious and dedicated to the topic of consoles vs PC, but not at all :p

For the part about getting a new console the only difference is that you buy a new one 4-5 years but you must upgrade you're PC in 1 or 2 years.
Not really. My sister bought her PC five years ago and still happens to play games on it (even though she plays less and less, not because her PC can't anymore but because she has no time anymore). And you can buy a new PC every 4-5 years too, still for cheaper than a console (especially since there are parts you probably don't need to upgrade such as your hard drive), and still roughly as powerful (and a lot more useful).

Meanwhile my PC the only games it can play decently is GTA San Andreas and some Ps2 Emulator games.:(
Yeah... Because you upgraded your consoles and not your PC ^^

Phew... for a moment i though that i offended you. Well i bought my PC back at 2012 and i was playing Plants vs Zombies and was running fine, but when i try to run BF3 it couldn't load.Anyway maybe i am just an idiot who doesn't know how to run a game...:cry:

Back