The truth about majora mask *spoilers*

• Thread starter masteroropher
  • Start date
masteroropher

masteroropher

Awesome rabbit (or not)
Towns Folk
I find this on youtube its made by game theorist... Uou will learn a terrible thing about majora mask...

I find this on youtube its made by game theorist... Uou will learn a terrible thing about majora mask...

I've seen this before and the theory actually makes sense in the grand scheme of things. Ocarina of Time Link is dead in the child timeline and there's no way around it given the events of Twilight Princess and how the Hidden Skills are obtained

Haha, I love Game Theory!

Yeah, the way he explains it really makes it sound real, but I doubt the developers actually thought about hiding something like this in the game, probably just a coincidence. Zelda is a kids game, afterall.

Reactions: TAG
You can't claim that is the truth but definitely it is a good theory worth a read/listen.

I wish there was a well written 'article about it' since there is none I am trying to write one, at least in Spanish, because I think it really deserves one. I don't even feel convinced that is the case, I honestly still see MM as a side quest but notheless I find highly interesting how this theory started when MM was released and how later games instead of debunked have elements that kind of reinforce it.

That said I think Hyrule Historia really won't openly support it. It went to lengths to write Link makes it out of the place even though his location became unknown and to make us understand that the Hero's Shade is not the full spirit of OoT Link but more of a vessel of his regrets. Another thing people either don't know or willingly omit is that there seems to be a grave in TP that hints to belong to the Hero's Shade.

Funny enough this information swings both ways as you related to the Hero's shade because it calls him "Cursed Swordman". So I'll just leave it here and let you make of it what you will.

I've seen that vid before. It's interesting, but probably reading too much into the game.

You can't claim that is the truth but definitely it is a good theory worth a read/listen.

I wish there was a well written 'article about it' since there is none I am trying to write one, at least in Spanish, because I think it really deserves one. I don't even feel convinced that is the case, I honestly still see MM as a side quest but notheless I find highly interesting how this theory started when MM was released and how later games instead of debunked have elements that kind of reinforce it.

That said I think Hyrule Historia really won't openly support it. It went to lengths to write Link makes it out of the place even though his location became unknown and to make us understand that the Hero's Shade is not the full spirit of OoT Link but more of a vessel of his regrets. Another thing people either don't know or willingly omit is that there seems to be a grave in TP that hints to belong to the Hero's Shade.

Funny enough this information swings both ways as you related to the Hero's shade because it calls him "Cursed Swordman". So I'll just leave it here and let you make of it what you will.

Maybe that's referring to another cursed swordsman (as in another incarnation of Link). They may have added that in there to spark another potential Zelda game later on (after all, the series is meant to never have a point where it will end)

Maybe that's referring to another cursed swordsman (as in another incarnation of Link). They may have added that in there to spark another potential Zelda game later on (after all, the series is meant to never have a point where it will end)
I wouuldn't discard that idea but I just don't think that was the case.

To me, Twilight Princess seemed to be a game more dedicated to hint past games than planting seeds for the future. We had for example Ganondorf's execution and the "clothes of the past hero". I really think they used that wording specifically for us to make the connection with the dead swordsman spirit. That said a game in between OoT/MM and TP could be quite interesting. I'm up for that. :)

I wouuldn't discard that idea but I just don't think that was the case.

To me, Twilight Princess seemed to be a game more dedicated to hint past games than planting seeds for the future. We had for example Ganondorf's execution and the "clothes of the past hero". I really think they used that wording specifically for us to make the connection with the dead swordsman spirit. That said a game in between OoT/MM and TP could be quite interesting. I'm up for that. :)
Yeah, the possibility may be unlikely, but Nintendo has a tendency to leave little things in games throughout the franchise to allow for fans to come up with their own interpretations or to have material they can release games for later on.

For example, the bird like symbol has been associated with the Triforce for who knows how long now. It wasn't until Skyward that they made a clear connection as to where it may have originated from, with the introduction of Loftwings. With this in mind, if this cursed swordsman thing was included in other games more, it could very well form the basis for a new game

Reactions: Kaynil
yea majoras mask is quite strange. but i am not sure if that is what nintendo thought of when they made it, but it could just be a strange game :p

Back