The Unholy Triforce History (Unfinished)

• Thread starter Necromancer540
  • Start date
Necromancer540

Necromancer540

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
Back in the 16 bit era of gaming Nintendo was working with Sony to make a CD add on dubbed "SNES CD" and would later be called the"Nintendo PlayStation" Yes that's right "Nintendo PlayStation". Later Nintendo President, Hiroshi Yamauchi, picked up the contract between Nintendo and Sony and he found out the contract allowed Sony all the rights to the games for the add on, he found this unacceptable and cancelled the contract between Nintendo and Sony and a couple years later the Sony PlayStation has arrived.

Nintendo signed a contract with Philips to do the same work this contract was a little more lenient than the one they signed with Sony as it gave Nintendo the rights to the games made for the add on, Philip would then get the right to use Nintendo characters in their games and the results were Hotel Mario, and the Unholy TriForce: Link The Faces of Evil, Zelda the Wand of Gamelon and Zelda's Adventure.
The reception of LTFOE and ZWOG were very negative criticizing the controls, the graphics and The CUTSCENES!178167-zelda-the-wand-of-gamelon-cd-i-screenshot-link-from-the-opening.png
The cutscenes are used a lot in videos known as Youtube Poops
The first 2 games were released the same day 10-10-93
and Both Games are pretty much the same so I'll talk about both them here in LTFOE the game starts in the Kings Castle then a magic man appears in the window say Link must fight the Faces of Evil in Korodai , as we begin the tutorial we learn
Up- Jump
Down Crouch
Left/Right- Move
Doors- Button 2
Sword- Button 1
Weapons Screen- Down and Button 2
Items- Button 2
Nothing- Button 3
The CDi Controller does not use Button 3 for ANY game really stupid idea if you ask mejoy054.jpgWait theres another onecdicont.jpg
But I digress let's visit the shop owner
Okay "Rubees"?
IT's "RUPEES"
You need Lots of Rupees in this game and what makes it worse you can't just touch them you need to hit them with your sword. and oh oh oh oh oh oh God you dont know how they messed up
Red = 1
Green = 5

YOU GOT THE COLORS WRONG!!
How did you do that?!
Did you play a Single Zelda Game before?!!

Another thing that sucks is you need to collect snowballs and fire balls
WHAT ZELDA GAME DO YOU HAVE TO COLLECT SNOW BALLS AND FIRE BALLS LET ALONE HOW HUGE A NUMBER OF THEM YOU NEED!?
Guess what I'm not done there there's even more problems to discuss with this piece of garbage.
When you get hit by an enemy you might as well say "Goodbye World" because you get no recovery buffer,
You see in many games when you get hit you blink so you cant take any damage for a while but here no that does not happen such Bullcrap!!
The Bosses are eaasy Easy? easy? EASY?! EASY!?
WHAT GAME HAS EASY BOSSES NO CHALLENGE THAT SUCKS
its one hit kills for these bosses and then you get some odd cutscenes
But lets get to Ganon and aI'll discuss the later problems in ZWOG

Last edited:
I have all three of the Zelda CD-i games (and Hotel Mario for that matter). Compared to the Nintendo games they are of course awful. Taken in proper context though, they are actually fairly impressive.

Aww, those games... :rotfl: I wonder why they even exist.
I have heard of it thanks to the Angry Video Game Nerd, and I must admit that they are the worst Zelda games ever.
Even Nintendo doesn't like to talk about it. Level Design in these games is horrid, Controls are awful, and I have heard that the saves are deleted if you need to reset the CD-i. It's a true nightmare for any Zelda fan.

Back