"The Wii U Difference" is a bad campaign from Nintendo UK

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
ErixSan

ErixSan

Somehow still top 3 poster after 3 years.
Towns Folk
First, if you don't know what I'm talking:

Well, in my opinions, this ads will not affect me, I mean, they are just bad jokes...
But, those ads can change the mind of the consumers?

Well, it's a opinion of mine, but I want to hear yours...

This is Hilarious. They are so cheesy. :hilarious:
Well, I think they will help understand better what the gamepad is about. Well the first one.

The second one about the sandwich analogy is... they are all games which I cannot combine at the same time.
65pk.jpg

The third... is it trying to sell the idea that you can use the rectangle box instead of your simple, one handed normal remote control. Not sure I am convinced.

Well, I don't think they will help much, out of the three the first one is the the only one I liked better, though the argument of "not necessary but good to enhance the experience" is not that great for persuading. I admit that I really like the idea of making their menu simpler and I genuinely found funny the map & sword menus mock.

These have to be some of the worst ads I've ever watched. Well, at least they were somewhat hilarious :D

These have to be some of the worst ads I've ever watched. Well, at least they were somewhat hilarious :D

Well, at least they try. The problem is that Wii U doesn't sell on UK.

This is Hilarious. They are so cheesy. :hilarious:
Well, I think they will help understand better what the gamepad is about. Well the first one.

The second one about the sandwich analogy is... they are all games which I cannot combine at the same time.
65pk.jpg

The third... is it trying to sell the idea that you can use the rectangle box instead of your simple, one handed normal remote control. Not sure I am convinced.

Well, I don't think they will help much, out of the three the first one is the the only one I liked better, though the argument of "not necessary but good to enhance the experience" is not that great for persuading. I admit that I really like the idea of making their menu simpler and I genuinely found funny the map & sword menus mock.
This is my reaction from the preview images alone. They don't look good at all.

Reactions: Kaynil
If they make a bad campaign they should make another and i obviously see that the Wii U has more feature than that,but i guess they already make another.

It would help if they were on TV all of the time. I mean, I do see some MK8 adverts but people don't know what the Wii U is, really. Nintendo should make proper adverts just focusing on the Wii U and it's games without the cheesy jokes and just air it on the big channels like the new Xbox One adverts, then more people will actually know what a Wii U is... then make the connection and realise that they need to get MK8 now, with their new Wii U.

A 7-10 year old could have acted out and write these commercials for free. Now where's the content for the condiments? Sure if you had some respect you could buy the Wii U and get the same childish humor for your child but there must be a broader audience than that. Anyone knows that poor marketing leads to poor sales. Just look at EB

Okay, I don't live in the UK and I don't know how commercials over there are, but I'm pretty sure they are nothing like that. To me, only the first one made much sense, and the music/sound effects were stupid. Nintendo of UK needs to hire a new advertising director.

They just need an advert something like this to play on most channels and stuff:

"The Nintendo Wii U is the next generation console by Nintendo!"

*show the console, with the gamepad in the background*

"This is the console, capable of 1080p, 60fps, complete HD!" and then "And this is the controller, the gamepad."

*describe it's uses*

"And here's the Wii U's EPIC library!"

*show off games, specifically showing off each game for each audience*

"So why wait for their big games and get the other consoles when you can have THIS... TODAY!"

Back