The Wii U should be doing good? Really good? And social reasons why it's not

• Thread starter Magik
  • Start date
M

Magik

I made Resetti's Bad list.
Banned User
Well I don't know about you but there are very few actual gamers at my school, and when I say gamer I mean this:
-Like a wide variety of games
-Plays competitively and for fun
-Is good at video games
-Gets hyped for MM 3D (hehe)

Anyway, their are very few at my school.
So I was playing Smash Flash 2 after school with my friend (we were supposed to be working) and I asked him if he had a Wii U and the new Smash game and he said to me:
"No but I really want a Wii U"

Well this confused me because this is one of those people I didn't really think wanted one or even cared.
So I kept going with this and asked more people if they would want a Wii U and here's what I got:

-A lot (A lot) of people said yes who didn't already have one
-Some people already had it
-Some people said it was fun but didn't want one
-Everyone else looked at me, laughed saying "Wii U, what are you like 2?"

But wait, A LOT of people said yes. I mean a lot.

So why isn't the Wii U doing good? I'm sure my school isn't the only one like this so based on this, the people who want a Wii U and the people who have one don't match.

So what's the problem? Here's my theory:

Money
Things are expensive these days and a Wii U can be around $280-$350 and parents don't want to spend that and now invest in games. But compared to other consoles, this is a really good deal.

Background and history
First off I'd like to say I will probably never beat Skyward Sword. As much as if like to, I probably won't.
Got that out of the way? Cool.

So I was playing Watch Dogs on my Xbox 360, while my dad was exercising next to me in the basement, I stopped playing, and turned in the Wii to start playing Skyward Sword to try to start playing it again.
My dad looked at me and said

"What, you already got bored of your Xbox your actually going to play Wii now? When is the last time you used that?"

Okay granted, I don't use my Wii often except when a friend comes over. But see there, that's a problem. People think that the Wii is for little kids cause you, well, got it when you were a kid. So now wanting a Wii U is like saying a joke to your parents to buy one.

Plus, most of the kids with Hardcore Xbox backgrounds that want a Wii U now seems very unreasonable to most adults.

The DSi
Yep, the DSi has a bigger role on the Wii U than you think.
First look at the names alone.
DS I
Wii U
They both got a letter at the end of what they are based off of. And let me tell you the DSi was terrible. It opened up a whole new opputuinty for games and nine were taken.
It's viewed pretty badly
And that I ruins it all.
People associate the Wii U with the Wii with a U at the end, just like they did for the DSi. Knowing the DSi was bad, associating the names closely you can infer this will be a copy and nevertheless bad.
Which is very wrong.

Ok, thanks for reading! What do you think? Comment below!

I kind of want a Wii U, but kind of don't. I don't even know XD

Firstly, I didn't care about owning a wii u, because I managed quite well with my 3ds, but when a friend of mine got it and we started taking a look at the games and the different options wii u offers I just fell in love with the system and eventually bought one. Guess what?? This is the console I play the most, I love it and I feel pity for those people who look down on the wii u because they think it is just a matter of status or something about the like.

Reactions: Magik
Back