The Worst Video Game You've Ever Played?

• Thread starter tin77
  • Start date
tin77

tin77

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
Since this isn't limited to a game on a Nintendo Console or any of the categories, I thought I'd ask general discussion.

There are a lot of crappy games out there, many of which we know about, but how many god-awful games have we actually played? I thought about this and just decided to ask the forum. What is the worst game that you, personally, have ever got the misfortune to play? We all do are best to avoid awful titles, but there are times where we just end up with one.

Anyways, I'd say Sonic O6, but looking back on it, I kinda enjoyed my first playthrough. It was a fun game to laugh at, and there were only a few times I felt truly frustrated. With everything else, I just kinda laughed at it and enjoyed the craziness of the glitches being thrown at me. Maybe I was too young to realize, but I truly didn't have an abysmal time playing it.

That aside, I think it'd probably be this Wipeout game I got for the 3DS. I beat it in about an hour and it was truly a bland and forgettable experience altogether, with no positive aspects to it. I'm sure I can find something worse out there, but that's the one that sticks out like a sour thumb.

So 3DS Pedia, what's the worst game experience you've ever had, Nintendo or not Nintendo? Tell me, I'd be interested to find out.

The worst gaming experience I've ever had was with a game a got on a steam sale for 49 cents called Robotex. Robotex draws you in with a good introductory cut-scene, and then the game started it had clunky controls, and the game needed you to be precise which was really hard because you can never stop moving and the aforementioned bad controls. I felt ripped off even though I only payed 49 cents.

I got a game called dream trigger 3d for about 4$ at walmart because I thought it would be a steal. It ended up being worth close to nothing because of how bad it was. The levels are very very hard and once I got past that after playing the first level and getting frustrated for a while everything is just bland. Each level is so boring I want it to be over right when I start. Quit after the 3rd level.

Reactions: Duffy
I think the worst game I ever played was a game called Brute Force for the xbox. You could toggle between four characters each having their own personal style but thats all there was too it. there was no incentive for using any particular character nor was there any character development and every level was the same regurgitated garbage after the third or fourth level i did something I never do, I threw the game in the garbage. It was that horrible.

For me it was a game that my sister had bought and never played so I played it.

It's called Artic Tales, this game doesn't even deserve to exist, in its entirety it has only three levels and they give you a trail to follow to accomplish the level. :meh:

Level one "Find the food" (the trail leads you in a straight line)
Level Two "Find the mom bear" (another straight line)
Level three "fight the enemy" on the field the bear was three times as big as your character in the fight stage you and the enemy were the same size.

The game was a waste of money not worth $20 bucks. :rage:

GTA 4 on my Xbox 360. I honestly disliked it. In my opinion the controls were a little wonky and the cars drifted way too much. I couldn't play it worth a crap, either.

The worst game I ever played was Journey Of A Special Average Balloon JOASAB for short. It was on sale only 10 cents and I was bored so I got it. Worst 10 cents I ever spent in my life.

Basically your a balloon and the rainbow has been destroyed and you have to go and get all the rainbow fragments. The game is frustrating and you can lose all your data really easily.

I deleted it but I didn't get my 10 cents back :cry:

Prepare the Hatred :D
The worst game i ever played was..........
.......Undertale! :D

With any other Game I played,no matter how bad it was,i atleast got some Enjoyement still out of it in some Way
Why didnt i enjoy Undertale?
Well,the game is focused on the Story and the Characters.
I didnt like any of the Characters and found their Personality annoying and the Story was one of these kitschy Story Styles that make me usually nearly throw up.
And there isnt really much more to the Game.

Five Nights at Freddy's almost would have landed in this Thread,but some Parts in the game were too unintenionally funny to make me hate it.

What the heck was that marvel game?... It was an X-men thing, played like it wanted to be a western RPG, had a little customization... I think it was X-men Destiny.
(Bare in mind these are the opinions of an absurd young man who's tastes are somewhat arguable. If you disagree, disagree respectful-like as I'm just sharing my own thoughts on a game I really disliked.)
  • Yeah. All the fighting in that game was burdensome and unexciting, there were few techniques to use early on and throughout; press the attack button to attack, press strong attack during a string of attacks, press ability attack button to do some other attack, press dodge...
  • The camera was a pain to get used to - a pain most familiar among any 3D adventure game, as this game also tried to be. I also found the 3D adventuring to be tedious if not mind-numbing.
  • I don't even remember who did what in that game, let alone who I was. It's not that it was hard to follow, there was nothing for me to follow anyway. The plot sunk like a rock, the in-game cinemas were pointless and excessive, no one in the franchise acted or sounded like they were supposed to, and whatever we were doing was forgotten after I spent enough time playing the boring game.
  • Character customization, though claimed in the game, only extended to special moves and a few asex Marvel costumes that made my character look like a paper doll. (A man wearing Psylocke's costume fitted for a male isn't as pretty as it sounds.)
That's my idea of it anyway. Take it however you want, that's just the way it seems to this player.

clock tower 2 the struggle within
-bad and inconsistent plot: it itried to copy resident evil and add zombies because yes, and some characters do some ilogicall thins
- i never scared with this game
- there are guns,destroying the concept of clock tower (well, clock tower 3 have boss battles but before that, you cant defend yourself)
-horrible voice acting
the only good thing its MR. Bates, but everiy else in this game sucks

Probably every sonic game after & Knuckles. (Unleashed, and & the Black knight in particular.) In Unleashed: it had a boring beat'em up style in the night time missions, and running in the day was no walk in the park either. In & the Black Knight: it felt way too linear when adventuring. And I couldn't even kick like it said I could. (Shake Nuchuck to kick, but it couldn't do it.) Overall, It felt way too awkward adventuring.

(I probably shoulda stopped post & Knuckles. But alas, I was naive.)

LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy for the Nintendo DS. Apparently they later released an updated version, since this was before they could simply patch a game through the internet, so I was unlucky enough to play the original in all its horrible glory.

Game's borderline unplayable with the sheer amount of glitches. I'm not sure I even knew what I was doing half the time, I'd go from one place to another without really ever knowing how I got there. Really... I'm not sure how the game worked at all, beyond knowing it was a horrible, glitchy mess.

You could bring vehicles outside of vehicle levels and use them in the hub, or elsewhere in the game, even though they often took up half the screen. I'm not sure how I activated that but it was definitely there. A decade or so after playing it for the first time, I unlocked the bonus "sandbox" level somehow, which... was a literal box of sand, there were assets there which led me to believe it was supposed to be a real sandbox but they didn't actually do anything.

Never beat the game because glitches in multiple levels kept me from progressing. I'm not sure how I ever got anything done at all. It was a horribly glitchy mess, worse than you could imagine, and I don't know how anything in the game worked.

I got a game called dream trigger 3d for about 4$ at walmart because I thought it would be a steal. It ended up being worth close to nothing because of how bad it was. The levels are very very hard and once I got past that after playing the first level and getting frustrated for a while everything is just bland. Each level is so boring I want it to be over right when I start. Quit after the 3rd level.
if im not mistaken some games have "censoring options" that means, the player can choose to not see any blood at any moment or skip any sex scenes automatically
those things are okay, giving players the choice just benefits the people that dont like extreme violence, or dont want to see the sex scenes ,while letting the others enjoy the game as it was made
side note: In the movies, Infinity War and Endgame, his motives are very different than the comic books. In the comic books, he's actually in love with Lady Death (the physical manifestation of Death) and tries to impress her with his power of the infinity stones. In the movie, he is driven more by reshaping the Universe. He wants it to be equal, by equal I mean only the strongest. His mindset was flawed, however, I do not believe him to be a villain in the movies (although when he time traveled to the future in Endgame, he seemed more of a villain). He is more of a villain in the comic series.

Anyways, My favorite villains are the Joker, Thanos, and Killmonger from Black Panther. They are my favorites because of how they became villains. My favorite version of Thanos would have to be in the movies Infinity War and Endgame. He became a villain because of society. His mindset was not to rule the universe, but to bring balance. The joker as well, was a villain because of society, both in the comics and the movie. In the comics, he was a husband, with his pregnant wife. They needed money, and needed it bad to have a fighting chance at surviving the harsh world. What did he do? He decided to take part in a heist, one that he thought would pay him good. After he took the job, his wife died along with the unborn baby, in a factory explosion. He was forced to continue in the heist, and when he did, Batman came. He got incredibly scared, and fell into a chemical basin. Then he became twisted and was the Joker. In the movie, society treated him very rough. He wanted revenge on the unfairness. In Black Panther, there was so much racial injustice, and that is how Killmonger became a "badguy". Technically in that movie, I did not see him as the badguy. In the movie, it was actually Black Panther's dad that started it all, he killed his brother, which was Killmonger's dad. After that, a whole civil war broke out in Wakanda.

What makes a good badguy, is someone who rises up from the world's injustice to come back and bring the same injustice that they faced.
Yeah I didn't enjoy dream trigger either. The game was just unfairly hard in my opinion and wasn't fun...

Reactions: phofufury
Yeah I didn't enjoy dream trigger either. The game was just unfairly hard in my opinion and wasn't fun...

...How did you manage to accidentally quote two posts from different threads? No, legitimately, I didn't think that was even possible unless you somehow messed the multi-quote.

• Funny
Reactions: Duffy and phofufury
...How did you manage to accidentally quote two posts from different threads? No, legitimately, I didn't think that was even possible unless you somehow messed the multi-quote.
its easy to mess it up, ive prob done it, if not messed up other things.

I didn't even mean to! Oops I'm sorry haha. Maybe I had them quoted but didn't use them before?

mimaninillyar chronicle , as this game has a wonderful sound track and lovely voice acting and has some good character designs , the battle game play is quite poor , the story in general is lack luster as well as the dungeons are atrocious especially as there is no maps and it is super easy to get lost in this game as most of my play time on this psp game came from trying to figure out which way to go in the dungeons in this game , i powered through and beat it curious to see what happened next in the story and to hear more of the game music , the song that plays when getting a important plot driving item from a major boss fight is always so satisfying to hear that even now long after selling the game i would go on youtube every now and then to watch someone playthrough the game on a boss battle and skip to shortly after they beat the boss and get a important item to hear the song despite how short it is , but this game is one i willl not play agaim and would say to others to avoid while it is not as horrible as et or super man 64 it is quite bad indeed.

I'll tell you of the story of a game I wanted because licensed movie but I never played at all. Cat in the Hat for GBA (movie version). I started the game and I was super freaked out by the graphics. Way more than Wario Land 4 for some reason. I saw the greyscale manual and read there was a time limit. I played the first level and I didn't even know how to progress at all and just gave up. Granted I was really young at the time. Looking back on it now the platforming level camera was really jerky when moving left and right. The levels art is creative but when you realize everything is flat there's no really fun part. Your commands for defeating enemies is basic but cryptic. Traversing with the umbrella doesn't add much either. Catching the Things is just a waiting game. It's as basic as they come. Nothing great about the ending either.
Like with other games there's a goal at the end and I wasn't used to collectathons like Spyro without having a goal at the end until you collect everything in one level. Don't waste your time with this one.

Back