There is still hope for a Persona 5 Switch port on the Nintendo Switch

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Good news even though nothing has been confirmed.

IGN has recently reached out to Atlus communication manager, Ari Advincula, about if we Nintendo Switch owners should give up on a Persona 5 port for the console. She responded saying not to give up hope. This is pretty darn good news IMO.
Ari Advincula said:
I am a strong believer in ‘never ever give up on hope'
It's not a direct answer but I'll take it.

Do you feel like we'll see a Persona 5 port on the Switch after knowing this? :eyes:

well its extremely weird that the action rpg-sequel gets announced for the switch but not the upgrade of the original game ,so it would be logical if it gets released on switch

Know what would be better? An entire Persona library for Switch. Localized and not. Considering all the Personas are connected and maybe have some direct links in between. I may be asking for too much, but I got time to wait.

An entire Persona library for Switch.
Well they had a survey asking people if they were interested in Persona ports so I have hope.

I'm interested... i DEFINITELY want a Persona 5 on switch. its just a perfect game for handheld imo. persona 5 is sorta lika pokemon game for older people.(the open world mechanism and the rpg). so...if its coming out, then I can't wait!

So long as Persona 2 is more accessible, I won't mind Switch ports. Atlus really missed their opportunity to put the duology on the PlayStation Classic.
Also before anyone gets worried, Atlus separates Persona and SMT into different teams. SMT V will be fine.

I greatly preferred Persona 4. I couldn’t get as into Persona 5 and made it probably 3/4 of the way to the end but didn’t finish it. I’d give it another go on the Switch (where I feel it fits better being portable), but when people say things like “never give up hope” or “never say never”, it doesn’t really actually give me much hope lol. It tells me they have no plans for it and just don’t want to give a definite “no” to the fans. I could be wrong and they could just want to surprise fans later, but I doubt it.

It makes no sense to me that Joker is in Smash and yet no Persona 5, but then again Banjo is also in Smash and we haven’t seen that game carry over as of now. I just hate when companies give fans false hope, and it happens a lot. That doesn’t mean that’s what this is, but it’s how I take it.

Considering the success of the Persona 4 port on PC, Sega has gotta be looking at expanding past Persona games to other platforms. In fact, they recently stated “Going forward, we intend to aggressively promote the porting of previously launched titles to Steam and other new platforms” and even mentioned the possibility of including development on these “new platforms” from the start going forward.

So Persona 5 and Scramble have got to be coming at some point. I think Nocturne and SMTV are just the first games in several from the SMT/Persona series coming to the Switch. Atlus got a ton of feedback from the survey near the beginning of the year, and P4G’s success on PC was a monetary symbol of untapped fan enthusiasm from players on other platforms.

I hope it gets ported. Not because I've played Persona, I never have but this would make it far more accessible to me, plus it would give me context if I wanted to play the upcoming Warriors game. I find it extremely strange how we've had a spinoff... three spinoffs, Persona Q had two games on the 3DS as well if I recall correctly, before getting a main series game. So I'd really love to play this sometime.

Thinking on it now the Fire Emblem X SMT crossover might be the only Persona-like game on the Switch so in actuality it's there but I don't know the similarities from not playing either yet. There's dungeons, multiple upgrade options and a skin for Joker. I mean how dissimilar are the Persona games anyways?

I still want a Persona port to switch. Of any of the Persona Games! And not the side series like Strikers. Strikers is fine I'm sure but I'd like to play the original game (or The Royal) first before I play the continuation of the story.

Back